Sign in to follow this  
wulfgar

With the 747-400F released, What 's new for the 747-400 pax version

Hi all,I am interested in the cargo version of the 747-400 but I would like to know how it will impact my current version of the 747-400 which is working like a charm by the way.Are there new features for the passenger version installed when you install the 400-F version?Thanks for the helpRegardsYves Lefevre

Yves,yes there are quite some additions to the 400 Pax. Check out this post http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=104690&page=It has both features for the F and additions for the Pax version.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.71.89), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

which then makes me wonder again whether the 747Pax version user will also get the benefits of the improvements as outlined in the Cargo version's readme. someone else asked this question before but that posting was obviously deleted since I today commented on it and cannot find my own post anymore. anyway, I do neither shout nor do I intend to be impolite. I just want to know whether I have to pay 30 bucks for those improvements even if I do not intend to fly the cargo version?!? Or will there be a Pax upgrade for those like me you do not want the cargo version?Any takers from PMDG?Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Phil-Not sure why your post would have been deleted.I've answerd this question a couple of times already- you might have missed it!The 747-400F is a unique product addon to the existing PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies product line, just like the PMDG 737-800/900 served as an addon to the PMDG 737 THE NEXT GENERATION product line: It brings a vast array of new features and benefits that you can't get without it.Currently we are not planning any updates for the 400 alone. You will recall that in December we released a significant update for the 400 that added a number of features not originally intended for that airplane. We feel that the 400 then met and in some areas exceeded our intentions- and moved development toward the 400F.So while we aren't actively planning any further updates to the 400, I have mentioned already that we ARE going to put the new sound library that shipped with the 400F in the download section of our site because some users have had significant problems with the default sound package creating static on their audio systems. We feel that the new soundpackage is quite a step ahead of the old one- and it's easily portable- so once we get the new download center set up- we'll make that available.Hope that answers your question!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

yep, thanx! since I had no reasons to complain about my 744pax so far I wouldn't have missed the 'new features' anyway ;-). sound sounds good too me, however. at least some new feature...phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"