Sign in to follow this  
Guest jojojojo

Trouble with 747400F Doors (Edited by Moderator)

Guest jojojojo

Hello, I am frustrated because I am having trouble closing the cargo doors of the PMDG Queen of the Skies 747-400.If anyone can assist me, I would certainly appreciate it.Thank you in advance for your assistance.Regards,Name(moderator edit: I have taken the liberty to rewrite your post. If you write a post in this manner, you are certainly more likely to get results than you will with your original rant.)

Guest Cessnan1315efw

jeez man CHILL LOL!!! One reason the cargo doors dont close is because maybe you dont have the correct electrical systems setup to do so. Or maybe its a problem on your end?? Not 1 person yet has complained about doors closing but you...you shouldnt say the product is bad just beacause you dont know how to close the cargo doors. and honestly what makes a simulation a simulation is not how nice the danm doors open up. The PMDG 744 systems are more detailed than most FS addons...And if you didnt want to buy the product just beacause your doors wont close i think you should be playing an arcade flight sim on Playstation or XBOX if all you are looking for is opening and closing door animations.

Guest oliver mcrae

If you got them open....... ;)

Soooo, how did you go? As Oliver has stated, did you get them open? Have you changed the electrical system in any way post opening the doors? Please sign your posts.

Guest jojojojo

I just cant figure this aircraft out the manual is totally usless, the one thing I need to know is how to keep the aircraft to follow the route but it tells me that theres no active route, what does that mean? I put in the waypoints is not that the route? To tell you the truth I am really discouregd about this.

Guest aarskringspier

THe manual isnt useless, infact its one of the most well written and most comprehensive manuals youll find for FS. What your problem seems to be is you dont want to take the time required to learn the manual and learn the aircraft. PMDG's simulations have a HUGE learning curve thats fun. Read the manual, do exactly as it says and youll be fine.Oh and my name is Randy whats yours?SIGN YOUR NAME.I be when you were born your mother was so happy to see you she cried out OH LOOK AT MY BABY (INSERT NAME HERE)

Guest Hawkeyeted

> I just cant figure this aircraft out the manual is totally>usless, the one thing I need to know is how to keep the>aircraft to follow the route but it tells me that theres no>active route, what does that mean? I put in the waypoints is>not that the route? To tell you the truth I am really>discouregd about this.Did you "Activate" the route? Did you then EXECecute the plan?Like everyone else said, "RTFM" (Read The Friendly Manual), then read it again.

Guest jojojojo

Ok I read the WHILE part on the FMC now I got only one question about it, when it sais "route discontinued" do I send that to the schratch pad and the put it in the little square boxes provided? Oh and about the doors I got them to close and it wasn't because of me! I had to restart EVERYTHNG then they worked perfectly fine, so my apologies for acting up so badly!

Guest jojojojo

Um I think I figured out the FMC let me give you what I know and if I am wrong please correct me: First: Load the FMC Second: Load the Origion, and Dest. Third: Activate it by pressing EXEC Fourth: Load the way points Sixth: load and activate the app. and Waypoints And go on my way!

Either pay attention and SIGN YOUR NAME or your posts will be removed and or not replyed to. I suggest that you take some time learning how difficult it really is to operate a 747-400 aircraft before ranting on thsi forum................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest oliver mcrae

Sir how long have you been operating the PMDG 747-400 Prior to operating the 400F, for FMC is still the same. So now unless you bought the both of them at the same time and have been having no problems with the -400 then i don't see how these problems can just appear.

Guest simonmd

jojojojo, or whatever your name is, you've got the basics correct. Next step is to set your altitude and speed useing the VNAV button. Remember that this is a true recreation of the real thing. You MUST read the manual. I've had the Queen for a few months now and can honestly say that it's the best and easiest to use FMC of ANY Payware aircraft available. If you wan to just enter a direct route may I suggest you use a POSKY 747 with the default Garmen GPS?As for the doors, I've not got the 400F but i'd assume it's just the same as the passenger model, ie, from the PMDG menu on the FS9 toolbar there is a section to select 'hotkeys' for all the doors.Simon Dove

Guest oliver mcrae

Simon is right, however the Bus Circuit must be right also as stated in the manual. If you got them open, then that means that at one point you had the right Bus Circuit.

Guest jojojojo

no I got it and this is not very supportive for buying a product off of you guys! so next time I will just go to LDS 767!

Guest oliver mcrae

1. Be advised that the views of most of the people who responded do not represent the rules of PMDG.2. We were asking you to sign your posts with your name which is the same thing they would do in the LDS Forum.3. The LDS 767 is just as complex as the PMDG 747 so you won't be getting a "break"4. Simply put you are not going to find a better payware addon for Microsoft Flight Simulator.For someone who allegedly spent $85 for both the PAX and F version of the 744, you don't seem willing to read an excellent manual to find that all the answers are in there.