Sign in to follow this  
Guest GW Norris

CargoLux GE livery- Texture folder missing files

Guest GW Norris

Hello SupportI was having problems with missing textures as per another post on the same subject, so I took a peek in the Texture folders for the 400F and noticed that all the Texture folders for the liveries I have, have 102 bitmap files in them except my CargoLux GE livery, which only has 9 files at 6.06 MB total size of folder. All my other liveries have 102 files for a total size of from between 30 and 40 MB.Here is a list of the file names of the 9 files in the CargoLux GE folderEngines_TWings_TExternals_TFuse_Right_LFuse_Right_TVC Manuals_TDecalsFuse_Left_LFuse_Right_TI have a feeling there are alot missing. I removed that livery and redownloaded the livery from the PMDG site and reinstalled, but still the same outcome, only 9 filesWhats up with that ?

Guest SIX

I imagine we can copy the Cargolux specific textures into the PMDG GE standard livery folder (a copy of it) and it should show up fine after renaming....tried that yet? I sure think I will when I land.Wilson HinesMy Blog: http://www.wilsonhines.com --------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png

Same thing here with only 9 texture files for Cargolux. I now have a VC in my Cargolux, although it has Air France Cargo manuals. I'm sure they'll get the Cargolux VC files straightened out before long.BTW, I downloaded 7 other liveries and they seem to have all their texture files.

Guest GW Norris

WilsonI'm not sure I get what you mean. There is no PMDG GE standard livery. In each Texture folder they have the Bitmaps for all the engines and I believe the Aircraft.cfg file sets which engine texture will be used based on the model. I think what you mean is copy the standard bitmaps that are the same for all models such as cockpit textures and Gear and tires, etc from a known good livery that isn't missing any textures in the sim and copy them over to my CargoLux GE texture folder, which is missing all the files. I looked at all my good liveries and it looks like the CargoLux GE is missing all the 2D cabin, all the VC textures and the gear and tires. All the Good liveries that show up fine in the sim have all those files in the folder, My GE Cargolux does not. I would have to copy all the files I am missing and put them in the GE Cargolux texture folder and see if it fixes the problem in the sim, I'm sure it would. Wouldn't have to rename anything because all the texture bitmaps have the same name for all the liveries.The only problem would be if the antennas are painted a different color from one livery to another. there is a bitmap file for the antennas. However most antennas I've seen are usually whiteI might give it a try and see what happens

I can confirm that the Cargolux GE repaint is missing lots of texture files. I have just re-downloaded and reinstalled the repaint to make sure - only the nine files noted above install into "texture.cv2".Another problem is with the RR Cargolux repaints (OC and NC). The installer does not distinguish between the repaints, and in the aircraft they are both called "Cargolux", so only one displays in the aircraft menu. Should be maybe "Cargolux NC" and "Cargolux OC".

Graeme Butler

Guest Marc Harrington

I took it down so it can be fixed.Meanwhile you can install the livery the following way --Move the textures that were installed in texture.CV2 into a temporary folder.-Copy the entire contents of the texture folder into texture.CV2-Copy the files you had moved to a temp directory back into the texture.CV2 folder and overwrite the existing ones.