Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

What's the new sound like?

>Folks,>>Believe it or not, but one of the reasons why I would by the>747F is the new sound. Is it a major change from the old>stuff? Don't get me wrong, I liked the original sounds, but>things can always be improved. >>Now, PMDG has raised the bar even higher. My only wish now is>that their next project will be a T7.>>DirSubjective impressions:1) Sound seems fuller and more like the real thing.2) Better sound balance. I can now adjust the sound so that I can hear all the relevant callouts without having to have it at earsplitting volumes. These two improvements alone made this a worthwile purchase for me. ricardo

All three engine soundsets were significantly reworked for stereo spectrum placement, elimination of crackling/static, and overall tone. The pitch curves were matched to takeoff recordings in the real thing. Volume was also balanced.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do you know if the crackling will be removed for the 744 pax version?CheersRudy

Folks,Believe it or not, but one of the reasons why I would by the 747F is the new sound. Is it a major change from the old stuff? Don't get me wrong, I liked the original sounds, but things can always be improved. Now, PMDG has raised the bar even higher. My only wish now is that their next project will be a T7.Dirk

Guest SteveK

Rudy,As Ryan said, yes they will be, but I thought that I would elaborate for yourself and other people who may need some mor info.The new sounds are just FANTASTIC! All 3 engine models have different sounds. When you install the 400F version, the installer actually updates the sounds of the Pax version. The sound config files in the 400F version are then aliased to the sounds in the Pax version, so the sound that you hear with the Rolls Royce engines with the Pax, are the same sounds that you will hear with the Rollers on the 400F version.I hope that clears things up for everyone. ;) Cheers,

Guest AJ

I for one can say that the new sound sets are a major improvement. Its a much richer experience. If you use headphones, you will really enjoy the startup sequence. It is still distance and low of course, but you can now hear it very clearly. If you start two engiens a few seconds apart you can hear the separate sounds of both of them as they spool up. The whine of the Rollers during takeoff is also a real treat.Andrew

I don't like the original sounds are really worse ones out there for the pax version...Main reason why my 747 is grounded for 8 months and almost left my HD...I'm going to wait for the update sounds for the pax version...Trying to download but not possible at this moment only F liveries there a little bit funny...The Cargo version looks stunning but I'm not a cargo guy... :(Andr

André