Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dimon1971

"Save Flight" feature doesn't work with F.

Guest Dimon1971

Yesterday I tried KMIA-EHAM with F. Somewhere near EINN I decided to save the flight (using MS default save flight feature) and resume it later. When I load my saved flight I saw one big black square instead of panel. This has never happened with PAX version.Then I tried to fly some short route and result was the same - save feature doesn't work anymore for whatever reason.My bestDmitriy Toropov

Guest Dimon1971

To make it more clear.For a sake of experiment I simply started the engines and took off from KSEA using FLCH and reached FL320 without FMC programmed. Then I saved a flight and exit FS. When I loaded flight, panel loaded exactly at the same shape as I saved it - MCP was fine.I recreated exactly the same route, but with FMC programmed - KSEA-KSAN. Again, I took off and saved flight somewhere near PDX. When I loaded my saved flight I got obe big black square instead of panel.So my thought is that FMC programmed panel cannot be saved with F. I didn't even try PAX version, but I'm afraid that it coud inherited this issue from F.Awaiting comments from PMDG TeamMy bestDmitriy

Guest JTH

If you don't mind could you explain the FLCH button? I've never used it and amn't sure what it does/how it works.Thanks!

Guest Matthias1975

FLCH mode makes the plane change the flightlevel to the selected one with a certain speed, which you can adjust on the MCP in the speed window.Example :you are flying at FL310 with 0.86 Mach and would like to change let

Dmitriy-I am not seeing this behavior... I don't believe any of our testers are seeing it either.Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you- but saved flights are working- they are a key component of our testing process so it's a function that is heavily used during pre-release testing.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com