Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Trimming the 737

I am having a problem with late V Rotate and running out of runway. I think this is because I am not trimming the aircraft properly. Could someone please give me the correct way to do this? Keyboard command and/or mouse pointing/clicking.Many thanks.

Keith Sandford.

Trim using the Numpad 7 and 1 keys. If your view "flickers" (i.e., you see the front-left and rear-left views), turn on/off Num Lock. For the 737NG, I usually set trim to 5.5 before take-off. You can view your current trim setting by opening the throttle panel. The green "dials" tot he left of the throttle show your trim. With that said, I'm not sure what you mean by "late V Rotate". Does that mean you're not getting up to speed? If so, what is Vr for your flight? Bob

Thankyou very much Bob. Its just when Rotate is called out, I pull back on joystick (whole way) and nothing happens. I just hope its because I have not trimmed properly.

Keith Sandford.

Huh...weird problem. I never have to pull all the way back on the stick. In fact, I find that I have to be careful not to over-rotate.Are you sure your joystick/yoke is enabled and calibrated? Are you having similar problems with any other aircraft?Bob