Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

Minima on the PFD

Guest poschrob

hi,in the ITVV B747 video I've seen that both MDH and MDA are displayed on the PFD (MDH above and MDA below the attitude indicator).Is this feature included in the PMDG 747? Or is this an airline-specific option? In the manual #7 "Cockpit overview" I could only find what I alredy knew, but nothing about my question about displaying both MDH & MDA.thanks in advance!Rob

The PMDG744 has both the radio altimeter-linked DH and the baro altimeter-based MDA. The controls are on the EFIS Control Panels, either side of the MCP.AFAIK, all 744's have this (although the labelling of the controls can be different)Cheers.Q>

i still cant get the "Approaching Decision Height" callout its always "Minimums" - i have BARO set to 400 as this is the DH shouldnt the callout be "approaching decision height"? or have i got all this mixed up :)

Guest JTH

What exactly does "minimums" mean anyway? I've been wondering. Thanks!

Very briefly, it is the altitude on approach where visual contact with the runway must have been made and thus a decision to land or go-around can be made by the PF. If an aircraft on approach has not established visual contact by this time they have to execute a missed approach.Can any of the Pros please step in to correct any of that. Ta!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey Paul!I think you might be a bit confusedededed....Lemme see if I can clarify:-> "Approaching Decision Height" callout is a customer option in the 747-400 that is not modeled in our airplane.-> "Minimums" is called out when approaching the lowest minimums you have set up for the approach. For example, if you set the MDA to 400 and the DH to 250- you'll get this callout at 250.MDA and DH are two different dogs:DH: Decision Height is the height above the touchdown zone at which you must have the required runway environment cues in sight in order to land from a PRECISION APPROACH. (ILS, etc)MDA: Minimum Descent Altitude is the altitude below which you must not descend during a non precision approach unless you have the landing environment in site. MDA is generall quite a bit higher than DH- since non precision approach minima are generally up around 400-800' depending upon location and surroundings.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Paul..."Approaching Decision Height" is optional on the real aircraft (to be honest I haven't checked to see if this option is fitted to the PMDG 744). This is a radio altimeter function, related to DH, however. I haven't heard of any aurals associated with BARO.Any help?Cheers.Q>

Guest JTH

Thanks a lot Robert. How do you set the DH and MDA? I wasn't aware you could. Also, do you just get these values from airport charts or do you just choose reasonable values yourself?Thanks once again for the continued support!

JTH (your real name?)Page 7-16 of the manual has a well-written section called "Setting/Displaying Minimums".... It explains in detail how to operate the relevant systems.The appropriate values for different approaches are generally derived for the airport approach charts, although other factors also influence the final value

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models