Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Excellent user attitudes post F release

Can I just say that I'm really pleased to be part of a group of FS users who have received an aircraft with some minor FPS issues and are dealing with it maturely for a change! :-)Too often lately, certain forums have exploded in indignant outrage when a trifling issue occurs with a new product. Some users then get accusatory and subsequently can't or won't help themselves or others to overcome the problem.Instead, here we are reporting the issue, comparing notes, looking at workarounds and providing guidance to each other on how to implement them while PMDG looks at it from their end. All the while, no-one is getting hot under the collar or impatient, just dealing with it like adults. I think this speaks volumes for the users on these boards and I want to applaud that. This is how these forums should be after all!Kudos to the PMDG user community for bucking a very ugly trend of recent times. Kudos also to PMDG for managing a more-or-less issue free release. I for one am just looking forward to getting a chance to fly her, I've owned the product for 2 days and it's not even on my PC yet, I put it on dial-up (sigh) when I went to work yesterday, then we had a power cut and it didn't complete! Oh well...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark-Hey, thanks for pointing this out! I was just having this discussion with a few members of the team as well....We held this airplane a LOT longer than we wanted to- in order to ensure that it would reach your machines in exceptional condition. Sure- a few minor niggling items will always appear- but I think overall some of the adjustments we have made to how we bring products to delivery are paying off.Our goal is to offer as much help and assistance as we can- whether it be for users new to PMDG products- or finding a solution to problems that some users might be seeing. We always want a friendly, respectful and civil tone in the forum- and the past few days we have been able to offer quite a bit more input to users because this forum has been such a great place to exchange information.Lets not lose sight of the fact that many of you guys anwer far more posts than we do- and its the sharing of information between all of you that really make this forum worthwhile..Great to see all of you enjoying the airplane and helping each other out.... Thanks. :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

well said Mark and Robert!its always nice to see users, especially new users to the PMDG community, get the help and information they need in order to enhance their enjoyment of PMDG products. And when we really get stuck a member of the PMDG Team will always come in and help us all out! :)

Guest SteveK

Hey Mark,Nice post and follow up from Mr. Randazzo himself.Sure, this is a great addon to the Queen, and sure, there aren't many problems with it, and I would also like to think that most of the community who post here are respectable people, who are trying to get help in a civilised manner.Now I just hope that #### VC issue will get sorted out soon!!! :-lol Cheers,

Guest bigun

Agree 100%!!!!!!It's really refreshing to come on the forum and just simply exchange issues, possible solutions and just simply talking about one of, if not THE best aircraft out there today. I have really got a lot of enjoyment reading and exchanging comments on this forum the last few days. Like it was uears ago. NICE

Guest andyman

Hey, PMDG people when it asks you if you understand that you have to own the 744 pax to use the cargo, you don't have to asnwer yes. hehe. look:http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/6352/hehe1lr.jpgheheheI think there was less bug accusions because the user had to already have purchased the 744.

Dude, that's pretty funny. :-)I wonder if anyone will actually be silly enough to buy the F without the 744PAX though? If you try and install the F without the PAX the installer should print a little certificate for something like 'most comical abuse of internet priviledges' or 'the more dollars than sense award'.Actually I shouldn't laugh, someone will do it, it's a matter of time. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest SKireyev

>Maybe folks simply tired of their old ways that got them>nowhere. Learning from past mistakes is never a bad thing. ;)>>Michael J.>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpg>http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpgMichael-I'd really would like to hope so... However, if you venture out into other aviation forums, you could see the '11-year-olds' run buckwild: anything from idiotic demands, lack of common sense to read the manuals, to plain stupidity and bad spelling. I would think that the serious nature of our hobby would 'weed' out the majority of fools that flood the net, but more often now than ever you see aviation sim forums looking like a BF2 or GTA forum. Ack! Makes me ill!Coupled with a some of the developers and some of the sim sites losing their integrity in a chase for profits (thankfully no one that we deal with here on avsim), such as (suprisingly) writing raving reviews on products that they have on special or flat out releasing stuff that isn't even ready for beta, I must make my own conclusions about the state of affairs in our hobby. Thankfully, PMDG has always been the type of group to stick to their guns on perfecting their product, and the 744F was just the showcase of that. Hopefully Robert and the team will keep their day jobs: as much time as they put into 'getting it right at release' paychecks from this enterprize might be far between. Cheers, and once again thank you for a great plane!

Michael J!I hope so. I've been promoting for years that if you come in here with a positive attitude and ask for help- we (and you guys) will bend over backward to help!Unfortunately- we've had to be kind of hard on a few antagonists over the years- which is never fun. We much prefer intellectual conversation to yelling.Hey- on another note- I sent a note off to Aviation Week regarding their article on User Fees for General Aviation... Got a callback that they may use it.... Your turn, Michael. :-p

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,I can tell you as a controller, we want NO PART of user fees. This is bad and dangerous policy. I can just see someone in trouble not calling us because they are worried about how much it might cost. There are plenty of vehicles for funding the FAA including the outrageous taxes we pay for avgas. I know this has nothing to do with PMDG, but your post got my attention and after our contract, user fees has been a huge topic of conversation at work. Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest georg

It's really always a pleasure to visit the forums here. All of you are friendly, both customers and PMDG team members. I also like the way Mr. Randazzo announces about new products, especially those "Ready for Release" threads :) They really make you excited for at least two days and then the product usually comes out too.It would be the best if a relationship can be established between the customer and PMDG like Boeing operators have with the Boeing company :). The airlines buy ultra-expensive "products", but they still don't yell at the manufacturer if something doesn't work, breaks up or fails. Instead, they report their issues and the factory promptly investigates it and replies.

Guest Senior Captain

Yes I have to agree with all of the above. Great posts. Its very refreshing to be able to come to this fourm and 99% of the time get very good and friendly advice from both the excellent PMDG staff and all of the PMDG supporters. Looks good on you PMDG. Keep up the great work.CheersAndrew