Sign in to follow this  
lostmoon

Tutty-Fruity-Routey

I am flying tonight from KMIA to KATL on Polar Air. The plane is *FILLED to the brim with bananas originating from Nicaragua.My route is: KMIA/ HEDLY J53 ORL J81 VQQ CANUK2/KATLMy question is, on the RTE page of the FMC while I am setting up the flight, how do I annotate it:a) Is it HEDLY via J53;or:( Is it ORL via J53?Another way to posit it is:a) Is it ORL via J81; or:( Is it VQQ via J81?Gracias,Maxim

Your starting point is Hedley and then you fly to ORL using airway J53 and then to VQQ using J81.Finally you use the CANUK2 STAR arrival into Atlanta.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest NPreston

According to your route from KIMA you fly Direct to HEDLY, then airway J53 to ORL, then airway J81 to VQQ which is your transition to the CANUK2 STAR for KATL. :DSo it should look like this on the routing page before entering the STAR info:___ KMIADCT HEDLYJ53 ORLJ81 VQQDCT KMIA_______________________________________Nick Preston :-kewl AVSIM Staff Reviewer

Radek, Russell and Nick:Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate it very much.Never put bananas, in the refridgerator. I had to warm up all the cargo holds to allow comfortable banana transportation.:)Max

Guest Jacob Lee

Careful with the bananas! If you hit some turbulence you could get in a little trouble. ;)

In the real world, Hedly is on the MIA something SID. Departing to the East, you would be given vectors back to the northwest and then direct Hedly. Since you are doing it on your own, go direct and join the airway. Hope some of those are going to Greensboro :-)Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

greensboro. absolutely. one of the main stops for the chiquita bananas that are on Super Stop & Shop trucks as I type.btw, i had the pleasure of landing in Greensboro airport on the way to atlanta. nifty little airport. liked it a lot.max

Thanks,Been working here for about 8 years now. Decent airport and a very nice town. Tried to get back to Texas, but my wife would have no part of it :-) I started at ZMA (Miami ARTCC), worked at ZDV, TMB and D10 so if I can help with ATC questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!!Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!