Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

PMDG Removal Tool

Guest Knikolaes

Greetings, all. While awaiting reply from PMDG Support, I would really appreciate it (since their site is being updated) if someone would please send me a copy of the PMDG removal tool? i do not think this violates any distribution rules, since it was an open download on their site -- going to try to fix my issue tonightif possible.if anyone has this tool, please send it to cndittmar@guildofdarkhaven.orgMANY thanks to whomever may be able to assist.

Guest Knikolaes

ACK! Okay . . . . I take it i am looking at a complete Windows reinstall then? :-( i just tried Windows Add/remove programs and the bird isnt even in the list to attempt a retry.

>ACK! Okay . . . . I take it i am looking at a complete>Windows reinstall then? :-( i just tried Windows Add/remove>programs and the bird isnt even in the list to attempt a>retry.As you are learning the hard way, never manually remove files that an installer installed. 9 out of 10 times entries to the systems registry are made. If these files are missing, any attempt to uninstall will fail, and you may have trouble reinstalling them. That being said, a Window Reinstall should be a last option, and I personally wouldn't do it for a problem with a single program unless it affects the rest of my system. If you are thinking about doing it anyway, try this first. Use your system restore utility to restore your system to a point prior to you installing the 744(f). That should restore the registry to what it was prior to your installation. It has gotten me out of jams before. Worse case if that don't work is reinstall WINXP like you said. (I assume you are using Win XP correct?)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Knikolaes

For security purposes, whenever I install windows i disable system restore. This is to prevent viruses from being restored or backing themselves up. A lot of viruses out there use system restore to their advantage.I appreciate the advice though, Tom. Fortunately I have Windows partitioned on it's own partition, so I can sweep and clear anytime I like. In fact, I religiously reinstal windows once every 6 months just to keep all the clutter from building up on my system.Really, reinstalling windows is not that much of a nightmare for me, as i have SP2, the latest .net framework, DirectX, etc all bundled into a mass install on DVD (thanks to Microsoft releasing a utility instruction that enables such a merge). A total reinstall of windows takes about 30 mins for me.Now FS . . . THAT's where i am trying to avoid a reinstall. 200GB partition for FS and it usually takes me a few days of reinstalls to rebuild it LOL. Mainly due to most of the software ihave needing to connect to the internet and authorize, etc. (thanks, pirates, you jerks). I am just thinking there has got to be some entry somewhere i missed that is telling this installer that the 747 is still on ym system when it is not, so I can avoid a total FS reinstall until after college semester ends.

Guest aarskringspier

Reformating your PC every 6 moths offers no advantage to keeping it free of clutter......

Guest Knikolaes

Oh NP :-) I am waiting. The auto-reply from support said up to 48 hours, and I have a flight tomorrow anyway -- IF this snow clears up LOL. Wonderful Colorado Weather.

Guest stevepow

well i need the removal tool to uninstall my NG but the sit for the tool has been down for three days so far can anyone send it to me?