Sign in to follow this  
Guest noflyzone

will 747 work with 32MB video memory?

Guest noflyzone

HelloI currently own PMDG 737NG product, and am running it on a 1.5Ghz Pentium-M laptop 1.5Ghz with 32MB video RAM - it works great. I also run LDS767 with no issues.I would like to purchase the 747 - will this run with 32MB of video RAM with the sliders turned down, or will it not run at all ?Thanks!mike

Guest Agun13

>>Hello>>I currently own PMDG 737NG product, and am running it on a>1.5Ghz Pentium-M laptop 1.5Ghz with 32MB video RAM - it works>great. I also run LDS767 with no issues.>>I would like to purchase the 747 - will this run with 32MB of>video RAM with the sliders turned down, or will it not run at>all ?>>Thanks!>>mikeYes it will still work. Me myself am using an IBM Thinkpad R50e at 1.7GHz Centrino with 700 over MB of operating RAM and 32 MB of shared RAM for my graphics card. It is still decent but not like the fluid frame rates you expect. Sometimes only single digits in very very complex sceneries with the sliders put to full but not a slide show which is ok for me as I do not expect much out of my notebook in the first place. In fact most people swear by that the FPS on the B744 are actually better than those of the B737s. Personally I do not like the B737NGs of theirs so I did not get it. I am however using their B747-400s and the FPS are even better than those on the B737NGs. But a word of caution is that the B747-400s come with only GE ECIAS displays but the B747-400F will add the remaining RR and PW readouts as well as they claim the different performance of the different engines. Personally I am waiting more in anticipation for the arrival of the long awaited MD-11 that has been dragging on for years now and there hasnt been a screenshot update for more than a year now on it.regards,Alex G

yeah. it will work. but more importantly, *HOW do you want it to work. It will work, but it might be choppy.max

Guest noflyzone

Max & AlexThanks for the feedback.. yeah i'm running Thinkpad T41 w/32MB, but as I said, 737NG and LDS767 are smooth.. i don't mind sacrificing "eye candy" in 744 - if i use just the 2D panel and trim everything else down, do you still anticipate it will be choppy? Alex suggests the FPS has improved in 744, so if my 737NG is fine, am I to expect the 744 should be at par, or better?cheers gents-mikep.s - yep, i'm waiting for MD-11 too!!

The PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies uses considerably less texture memory overhead than her smaller sibling, the PMDG 737NG.If you can run the 737NG with your current video card, you will most likely have little issue running the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg