Sign in to follow this  

New York Bridges

I had been moaning about the crappy brigdes Microsoft had left us from FS98 (or earlier!!) So I decided to do something about it. I have learned to use Airport 2.6 fairly well and gave it a go last night. Heres some before and after shots, let me know what you think!Beforehttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/ny3.jpgAfterhttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/ny2.jpg

Hornit - Excellent work! I too, have been extremely disappointed with the NY bridges...Publish those bgls, and keep up the good work. I look forward to seeintg them in the download section.Regards,RedRock

Guest Heather 636

Ditto on that!Great job!Looking forward to fownloading them.Cheers!Heather

Guest Wayne Smith

Great job on those bridges!! Look forward to seeing them in the file library, as I am usually flying low level VFR in and around NYC in a helicopter!Regards,Wayne

Excellent conversion. I wish it would apply to every bridge in FS2K2 that looks white in the standard load. There are very few that do not have the standard grey or light gray look. I have not seen too many white bridges in my lifetime.Hope to see your conversions available for download.Keith

Hornit!Excellent job! So when may we download them? :)You still have my email don't you? Just send them there. ;)Julian

Guest frankcubillos

WTG Hornit, thanks! :-jumpyFrank CubillosHome of the Flight Sim Vets Club and ProjectAI.www.FSGateway.comwww.ProjectAI.com

Those look great !! Hope you release them soon.. any chance you can try to fix the MANY MANY problems with JFK. I can't believe how bad the default scenery for that big airport is!

Unfortunatley JFK is a HUGE undertaking....dont have the time right now. Also if anyone knows, what do I need to do to upload this scenery here. I think I just upload the bgl's and the excludes but im not quite positive as i've never uploaded scenery before. I used apt 2.6 (148) and the standard bridge api's and colors.hornit

Upload the bgls and any textures that you (exclusively) created for them. If no texture was created then just point people to download the Airport 2.10 and Airport 2.60 or whatever generic textures from AVSIM or Flightsim.com.Also include a short doc about where to place the files you are uploading and any special treatments to be made to any other files already existing as default. Remember to make sure that this scenery does not extend too far wide as to cover up any other addons by other authors (eg. my KLGA ;) and the 34th St. Helipad by Adrian, etc. etc.). Also include any exclude and flatten entries within the bgls or if not then explain what changes are required in the scenery.cfg file.Hope that helps.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

There were a lot of new features in this current version, and I think there just wasn't enough time to fine tune many scenery aspects when the cut off date rolled around.In Los Angeles, where I live, I discovered the Griffith Observatory texture files but no observatory! So I made my own!http://www.geocities.com/ihor.geo/index.html