Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Cargo refueling stops

Hi.Just been looking at the JAl Cargo tiemtable on their website and it says they operate a flight from Oslo to Nagoya via Almaty. How commonis it to have stopoff on cargo routes? What other operators do this and on which routes?The reason I ask this is that I want to try my new 400F on a flight to asia and this sort of route gives a nice break to the flight and Ican do it in two legs then. :-hah Cheers Andy S

Guest 744nut

"What other operators do this and on which routes?"Cargolux on most of her routesregardsTon

Guest tcable

Cargo does not care about stops :)Plus you can carry more cargo at the expense of fuel. recall how some routes are weight limited based on time of year- even JetBlue from JFK/BOS to LGB can be weightlimited in winter for a nonstop so they tend to make a fuel stop.It's also interesting to see an A320 require more runway than a 777 or 744 flying to Europe :) They takeoff on a 7000' runway all the time (I watch them do so from KBOS almost daily! the A3xx's ask for the 10000' runways)

Guest morvious

Most of the Cargo Haulers do this for 2 reasons.1: They can't reach the destination in one flight without payload restrictions, or2: They pic up or deliver some cargo.Just have a look at Atlas Air Schedules.They fly from Anchore, to Chicago, and furder south to Miami, just to pick up and deliver some more cargo, because obvious, a B747F can make it without a problem to Miami in one flight.From Europe, cargo routes are popular with a stop at Dubai, or Direct Hong Kong and some small flights in asia before returning home to Europe again.KLM also operates a flight direct to Japan, which is payload resticted, because it is more then the B747-400ERF can handle fully loaded.But, on the next day, they fly this route with a stop in Almaty.Everything is possible now, from short hauls to long hauls, all over the planet!