Sign in to follow this  
Guest juenas

Future Products!!!

"A decent 777 would be nice as you guys have got the performance data to model epr, n3 etc"EXACTLY!!!Wilco's version is in between the default T7 and PSS's T7.And I think we all know how PSS are getting along with theyr customers.Golli.

Guest captaingrice

I have to go with a PMDG quality A340-600, but only (as I've said in a post before), if PMDG can acquire the required data to produce a PMDG quality product. Anything less wouldn

im looking forward to the MD-11 , its an aircraft i know absolutely nothing about, im a 747 nutter :) regarding Airbus, i guess it depends on the beta team and testers as well as Airbus cooperation as PMDG would really have to have Airbus captains participating to ensure a realistic flight model just like they had for the 747-400

Guest captaingrice

Hi Paul,With regard to PMDG requiring Airbus pilots as Beta testers for an Airbus product, you're 100% correct. However, I'm sure PMDG could convince some to come on board. I'm not sure the issue with Airbus even exists, as I don't think anybody has posted to concretely confirm that Airbus a) won't co-operate, and :( will initiate legal action against those who do. If I'm wrong here, please let me know, I'm willing to hold my hands up here as I honestly don't know.Like you, I'm looking forward to the MD-11, but for now I'm going to enjoy my 744F!Steve (a fellow 747 nutter).

hi Steveyeah i heard this a while back but ive never read anywhere that Airbus categorically do not give out technical information about their aircraft to flight sim developers, i guess its presumed because they dont make an appearance in FS default aircraft. As Boeing is a US company its probably easier maybe there is less red tape to go through than there would be with Airbus. Its all speculation of course, difficult to know! Now back to my 744F..i was thinking if its possible to make our own cargo? Maybe with the DHL repaint have DHL cargo boxes on the loaders? Maybe theres a way to edit the graphics and create our own? the F has certainly opened up a whole new angle on the 747-400.Anybody know if there are any 744F DVDs out there? i nearly know the ITVV 744 DVD off by heart by now! :)

Guest juenas

wilco is making an execellent 777.Captain sim is making the best 757 ever made.And were is the A340...I have to tell you guys that flying in this aircraft is the best experience of flying...and i

I know naught of Airbus policy, specs and lawyers etc, but one thing is sure - a true, modern, high end, top notch model/vc equipped Airbus for MSFS would be revolutionary.Whatever the reasons, objectively speaking it's just plain sad that so significant a manufacturer is so poorly represented at the high end of this hobby.Oh well - live in hope I guess.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest captaingrice

Agreed Mark, it

Guest morvious

I, as an Airbus fan, dislike the fact that we lag a PMDG/LVLD quality B777-200ER.This is the princess of the skys, and has been sold to many times, not to have it in the sim.In the good old days, I have flown to many hours with the 777, and I miss it :(.A A340-500/600 comes next in my list though =).

A 777 would be a logical choise for PMDG as the 777 uses 744 systems modified for the 777 and slightly updated, so it would be easy to do.If PMDG did a 777, I would look forward to hammering the systems to make sure they where upto scratch (which we all know they would be), and I would have an excuse to use my QRH to test the redundancy (sp) of the sytems.A 777-200ER would be welomed by me, especially if they can get engine data for the RR Trent 895sCheers

'easy to do' may be a bit of an understatement. Maybe they can use the same sort of programming that they used for the 747, but I can imagine that, technically as well as operationally, the 777 is quite a different machine. Again, I would be in heaven if PMDG would model the 777. It's my definite first choice. Given that PMDG is building a very good reputation, I am quite sure people that already bought the Wilco 777 would be willing to buy the PMDG 777 as well (I would at least). Dirk

Guest carlonch

Iain,I Agree with you that the 777 would be a logical step. Imagine the 777 with PMDG quality...:-), I would try it without any doubt.In your suggested page www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/777.html I can