Sign in to follow this  
Guest Learpilot

Graphic issues with PMDG 747

Guest Learpilot

Hi all i'm new with PMDG 747(Bought yesterday) but old with MSFS and i'm having an issue with the graphics that is as follows, when the airplane is loaded the scenery outside starts shimmering(Quick flashes) and with this i loose some FPS and is very annoying visually, i'm not sure if this problem have been discussed here but i made a search and could not find anything about it, i would appreciate if someone could help me, my system is:P4 2.41GB DDR 400 MHZ Corsir160 GB HD Western DigitalGe Force 6800 GT with Driver 84.21 OfficialAsus P4S 8X-X MOBOWin XP SP2Best RegardsRicardo

Guest Learpilot

>Ricardo,>>Make sure your case is well ventilated, that sounds a lot like>heat artifacts to me...Hi Ryan thanks for your answer, the temperature inside my case is normal and it's well ventilated the problem only happens with PMDG 747 my others addons are ok, any clue??RegardsRicardo

Guest flapbuster

Hi Ricardo,The following worked for me to get rid of the shimmering:Start fs9, go to Settings/Display/hardware tab then uncheck the render to texture box.That should end the shimmering scenery.Best RegardsPete

Guest andyman

If i put anything on top of my cable box i get a shadow picture, distored colors, and a bunch of lines of distorted color that are about 1 inch think horizontally.I normally turn it off, unplug it, and blow some compressed air through the little holes on the top. Scientific Atlanta is evil....