Sign in to follow this  
braulston

Potential Issue with Active Sky 6

All,I started experiencing strange issues with the 747. When I engaged auto pilot, the aircraft would roll onto it's back and head toward the ground. Sometimes it would porpose during flight, anywhere between +900ft and -800ft from the indicated altitude.At first I thought that maybe I had just had a bad install, so I re-installed. Still no joy. By chance this evening I ran fs without starting AS and lo and behold, everything worked like a charm. To verify this I started AS and the issue reappeared. Has anyone else experineced any issues with AS6 and the 747?Brad

Guest tmanaon

I have the PMDG 747-400 and just started using Active Sky 6 for the first time 2 weeks ago. I have had absolutely no problems with mine. You may want to post this on the activesky forum and see what response you get there.Anthony

Guest lespindo

Brad I do not have a problem with ASV6 but I do have a problem if I use Reality XP weather, My VOR System Does not work properly..( Nav radios, RMI's, etc..) Thanks!! greetings from Miam,Fl.

Guest D17S

Sounds like AS is loading some crazy weather. What's your airspeed indicator doing during all this? Going crazy too? Try loading a gentle preset from AS graphics module. Also, there are a bunch of options in the AS setup screens. Look for "wind smoothing" . . . or "hurricane off" or something like that.Also registered version of FSUIPC has a smoothing function too. Might try that as well.

It turns out not to be AS. Initially all was fine, but after a few hours the issue re-appeared. So at this point I have uninstalled FS and reinstalled. So far the following setup has no problems:FS 9.1AS 6 SU3UTUSA 2.1PDMG 737NGPDMG 737 800/900PMDG 747 V1.1PMDG 747 400FThere were several other addons installed, that have yet to be reinstalledUltimate trafficLVLD 767** HB, 190, 219, P-47so the answers probably in one of those items.Brad

Make sure your add-ons do not overwrite the latest FSUIPC. You should have 3.53 or above which includes wind reporting fixes to the aircraft as well as better wind smoothing to prevent extreme swift wind direction changes.A few earlier versions did have wind control problems that caused aircraft stalls.In AS, you might wish to disengage all wake turbulence effects for now.