Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

FIX page suspected of causing issue.

Guest Boaz

I am flying my very first flight that isn't a curcuit flight.As I was preparing the aircraft and FMS for my flight, I got to the point where I draw the alternate radius circles, using the fix page.When I did this fps dropped to 6-13 on my high end pc.I sat in Dubai with fps in the neighborhood of around 25-35.As the fps refused to climb, I then erased my two fixes, and witnessed the fps climb up again.I then took off and am now cruising at FL380.Just tested it again.I set my FIX page again, and fps in mid air, dropped to 10-15!I erased them, and then my fps dropped even lower, as if memory was being cleared or so, because then my fps rose rapidly to its average hovering of 25-40 in mid air.I have read some posts here about memory leaks and out of memory issues, thought this could help point you guys in the right direction.I used the following: OMDB... /330 OIII... /330..................If I have PMDGs attention, I would like to ask about click sounds for the various buttons and cutt off levers.There is none... Is that right?I have no sounds when operating any surface button, switch, gauge or lever, except for the flaps that is.I Will end by saying that your product is amazing!So far flying cargo has been a dream, your aerodynamics are breathtaking!Although I really hate the ground friction, having to taxi with 34%+N1 and offen increase thrust or use breaking to keep a decent taxi speed:)But all in all, amazing! Amazing engine sounds and the works!Boaz.

>If I have PMDGs attention, I would like to ask about click>sounds for the various buttons and cutt off levers.>There is none... Is that right?>I have no sounds when operating any surface button, switch,>gauge or lever, except for the flaps that is.hi Boazi tested this out since you brought it up a few days ago and i can confirm that all the light switches have the clicking sounds, i hear sounds for most of the switches including the fuel cut off levers

Guest Boaz

Um... :(PMDG could you please advise?I have tried with the PMDG sound settings to norm and the default mid section.Any ideas?No clicking "what so ever".Boaz.

Guest Boaz

Allo?BumpBoaz.

hey boaz,what about uninstalling the 744F, and reinstalling. this may help. i had problems with the NCA liveries textures, and lighting. So i uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. it works perfect now.is the non clicking sound happening to all of yuor aircraft, or just one in particular? the pax version, is it happeniogn there?tell us what you find.masx

Guest Boaz

Thanks for you advice and reply.Well I have only tried the F versions with RR and GE, and to be honest, I have not tried the PAX yet no.Boaz.

Guest Boaz

Cool ;)Very nice, two suggest this, then I must be getting close :)As soon as I land I will give it a try:)Thanks!Boaz.

Guest Boaz

My computer showed me a OUT OF MEMORY sign:(Well I guess the -400F has problems then...PMDG I would love for you to help me, do you want me to write you or do you want me to give you information? I'll be happy to provide you with proof of purchase and so on...Again this could be related to the missing sound and drop in fps...I would really appreciate it if you would at least tell me if you have read this post :)Boaz.

Boaz-we read your posts. Please do as Armen suggests and reinstall.Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Boaz

I have just reinstalled, but still no sound on either shut off valves or lighting switches :(Do no what is wrong??Also I tested the PAX... Same...Might then uninstall both?Boaz.

Guest Boaz

I have now reinstalled both the original and the F ... Still no click sound :(This is really really strange.I hear a click sound when the flight loads, and when I turn sound off and then on again.Boaz.

Boaz,There's definitely something wrong with your system somewhere, not with the 400F - we've all got sound here and I see no FPS drop from using the FIX page.Have you updated all your drivers, made sure you have the latest DirectX version and so on?By the way - low FPS *DOES NOT* = "memory leak." Neither does recieving an "Out of Memory" error. We are quite positive there are no real memory leaks (where memory being used by the panel does not get released and keeps growing exponetially) in the panel. Many of us on the dev and beta teams literally ran the aircraft for days straight looking for such an issue and it's not there. The panel does use a lot of memory, but high memory usage that remains constant and explainable is not a "leak." Please don't use the term "memory leak" like this to describe a general FPS issue in the future please! I've edited the thread title to reflect this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Boaz,Are you starting your 744 F or not from an old saved situation. If so delete that and load fresh. Hope it helps,

Guest Boaz

I am sorry guys...But I have done nothing diferent.I have been flying the 744 before, and the LVD has also been flying with no issue.I have SP2 installed and the latest DirectX from December.Ryan didn't you write that there will be a fix soon?The F version does have worse fps than the PAX.Mats I am using no saved cockpits will try to reinstall and make sure all files are gone before I reinstall.I am sorry for this, but I am having issues, even though the rest of you have sound, I don't but used to have.I have now reinstalled the PAX version, and the click sounds are there.Will now install the F version again.EDIT: I have now reinstalled the F version, and after that reinstallation the click sounds are lost yet again!I will now uninstall the F version again.I would like to get some help on this.After last update of the PAX some users got an out of memory message, because of a missing stick shaker sound, could this be similar?I understand if you are frustrated, seing as you have tested this so thoroughly, but that is the case with software and hardware, there will always happen strange things.Boaz.