Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

FIX page suspected of causing issue.

Boaz,The stick shaker thing was history a long time ago and happened to everyone that installed the initial 1.1 patch, not just a few isolated users. The out of memory errors are linked to AFCADs and BGLs the best we can tell. There's no way it's the airplane causing it, and in fact, the message itself is erroneous - people have seen it with low actual memory usage and 1GB+ physical RAM still free. FS is triggering the error somehow, but it's not really because you're out of memory. (It's almost impossible to make a 2GB machine run out of physical RAM under normal use!)The fact that you are having issues with sounds not playing etc leads me to believe there's an issue at play with drivers or some other aspect of the Windows sound system. You can try contacting support formally via email, but when this is happening after a clean reinstall, I'm not sure what more we can do. I'd think about possibly formatting and clean installing Windows if you can't solve this.The fix for the FPS issue is availiable now - simply redownload the F installer from your email link.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Boaz

I know it was history, but I was only referring to it, because I seem to have the same symptoms, that was all:(I have installed the PAX 1.1 and have again tested, the sounds work.Am now in the progress of downloading the update for the cargo plane.I am sorry, but my flight was hit with serious fps fluctuations and missing sounds, it ended with an out of memory error, that was my first one on my new PC, that just lead me to conclude that it might be the plane, and not my pc.Again I am sorry if I have stepped on you in any way, but that was never my intent:(EDIT:Have now installed the update, and it again causes me to have no click sounds.Boaz.

HelloI thought I reply here as I have the same problem. No click sounds and no sound from battery and other electrics (like you get when turning Battery ON first in cold and dark cockpit). Soundfiles are all there (in the %FS9 root%soundPMDG directory) and sounds ARE played in the pax versions as well as the pack sounds in both versions.After some investigation (and reinstalling the update issued today) I can say that on my system the click sounds ARE played in the freighter but the volume is so low you can hardly hear them. So in a cold and dark cockpit with no engine sound and no pack sound I turned up the volume and could indeed hear some very faint click sounds when toggling the switches and pressing buttons. But with this volume level there is no way I can start the engines without risking my sense of hearing ;-).Maybe this is a sound driver issue but I wonder why with the pax sound all is normal ut with the freighter not. Anyway just a minor issue that doesn't distract (me) from having fun with this magnificent plane.

Guest Boaz

Thank you for posting!Really weird yeah!But how come there is such a huge diference?Others have heard the sound as normal, I hear it as you do, as if it was not there.Really weird.Boaz.

Boaz, RandyYou wont believe it. I updated the drivers for my (crappy onboard) sound card and the click sound are there. Easily to be heard at normal volume. Still no battery and electrical sounds though.I didn't believe there would be any driver updates since my computer is 3 years old, but alas there were several driver and bios updates on the manufactorers homepage.So Randy gave the right tip to update the drivers. Thank you very much.

Guest Boaz

Ok so that could work, but just not for me.You still have some sounds not playing... It doesn't seem right to me.Boaz.

Guest andi_edds

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but the topic catched my eye.I seem to have the same problem with the fix page on certain flights.E.g. i had a flight Honolulu to SFO and drew the equal distance points PHL vs. SFO into the two Fix Pages. As soon as descend into SFO began, i noticed the FPS dropped significantly. I normally have 25-30 FPS, it dropped to 5 FPS on final approach and stayed there basically until on blocks. At first, i didn't suspect the Fix Page (which still had the circles entered for PHNL and KSFO).Some days ago i ran into that same problem again, but i discovered it prior to desend so i could play around a little. My observations were:1.) If you switch the PFD to the inboard CRT and therefore hide the ND, FPS return to normal.2.) If you increase the range in the ND to 320 or 640nm the Frames return to "almost" normal, if i go down to 20 or 10nm the FPS drop.3.) The problem disappears completely when erasing both fix pages and everything returns to smooth again!I first had the problem with the Boxed Pax Queen (Aerosoft Germany), but it remained after the 744 Cargo upgrade.That's the only "problem" i have got with the PMDG, besides that, everything is working perfectly.

Guest andi_edds

I think, i have narrowed the problem down further, it is reproduceable with my system:As soon as the circle of the fix falls "behind" the current position position of the aircraft relative to the fix i get framerate drops when selecting ND ranges of 10, 20nm. From 40nm on upwards it's getting better and better.Must have something to do with the way the circle is drawn on lower ND ranges!?Maybe PMDG can use this information to fix this bug.