Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Having the worst time with the 400F...

I'm having the worst time with the 400F. I had no real problem with the PAX version but the Cargo version is another story. Of all the issues I've been having (VC framerates, etc) now I'm finding the sim crashing to desktop after programming the FMC and begin taxing down the runway... I've tested the sim crashing problem with all my other add-ons, there's no problem with them but the 400F is now shutting my sim down cold...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Water Mango

Dillon I feel your pain. Some of us are having the exact same issues...

Guest Callmecapt

Post some system specs and we'll see if we can find a common denominator. I have both 747 versions and have had no CTD's.I have the RFP 747-200 and they were talking about CTD's on their forum and one of the common themes among the users was they did NOT have Windows SP2 installed. Also, I don't know why this was an issue, Zone Alarm firewall causes some CTD's as well. I can't get anymore details on this as I don't have Zone Alarm. Goran

What other info do you need outside of what's in my signature... :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Gents-Currently we are getting no substantiated CTD reports that are the result of the 400F.If you are having CTD problems- it could be a myriad of different things. Take the time to search and read the various threads we have posted in this forum on the topic of CTDs.For what it is worth, we have found that scenery/AFCADs are the most frequent offenders- but you are going to have to do the work to sort out what is on your system.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Callmecapt

ok, ok. i dont normally read signatures. what other add ons do you have? Any freeware? They are the worst offendors. Possibly a virus on your computer. List some of the freeware you might have.

do you happen to have UT Europe? they have a new version, get it at simforums.comthe old one caused a memory leak with missing texture files that landclass files were calling foranyway, personally I still have framerate issues, hopefully this can be fixed somehow? the pax was much easier on frames. but no crashes.

Guest SKireyev

>do you happen to have UT Europe? they have a new version, get>it at simforums.com>>the old one caused a memory leak with missing texture files>that landclass files were calling for>>anyway, personally I still have framerate issues, hopefully>this can be fixed somehow? the pax was much easier on frames.>but no crashes.Not just UT Europe, Alex. I had to completely disable all of UT add-ons due to continuous out-of-memory errors. To the original poster: as someone that had to troubleshoot a large deal of addons, I must say that things like scenery memory leaks due to a LC file being in a folder where a texture folder is present (don't know how plausible it is, but many have reported this) are a lot more frequent even from the reputable developers. Just run LWMViewer, select all files in a scenery folder, and drag-and-drop them onto the LWMVs screen. Chances are out of 30 scenery files you will have 28 "Couldn't be open" messages, and 2 landclass files. That's just the nature of the beast, the more detailed we get the harder it is on our systems. Another thing: don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but did you install the 1.01 version or the 1.0, which had a highly demanding gauge? Try to remember what you have changed lately, too. Hope this helps! Troubleshooting is a pain. We've all been there.