Sign in to follow this  
Guest topcat

Performance differences 747 / 747F

Guest topcat

Hello pilots,I noticed that the "F" version has the same engine types and presumeably the same airframe like the "PAX" version has.I just compared my "PAX" version Boeing manual with the "F" version PMDG performance data. Looks like the "F" version has a higher Field Limit Weight (thus requiring less runway length for the same brake release weight).Are the other limiting weights (Climb, Obstacle, etc...) also different? If yes, why?Best Regards,Christian GrillTOPCAThttp://topcat.ofplan.net

Guest topcat

Just noticed, that performance data for the 747/747F are identical!Best Regards,Christian Grill

Guest AJ

Hi Christian,I was just curious if you are considering creating versions of Topcat for the P&W/Rolls engines now that we have them. I think it is safe to say that we all appreciate the work you did on the GE version of Topcat, and now that we have the two new engien models we really miss having the functionallity of your software. It really adds to the experience.Best regards,Andrew

Guest topcat

First of all I have to ascertain if there are performance differences between the engine variants.If it's just changing the N1% to EPR and the V-Speeds, it should not be a big issue...Maybe somebody knows..Best Regards,Christian GrillTOPCAT

Guest Matthias1975

Yes there are performance differences between those three variants.The RR ones are the weakest (if you can say so ;-) ), and the most powerfull are the PW

Guest Andrew1981

There are some differences for sure!The max ZFW is 242.7 tons for the 744 and 288 for the 744F . This is a structural difference so for Topcat is not much important ,but It's more important for a fuel plan program .The Maximum landing Weight for the pax is 285.7 t while for the cargo should be 302t (666000 Lbs )( it's missing from the Manual thought ) .info : http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircom...ps/7474sec2.pdf page 10