Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

ISFD - def. the source of my low FPS.

Hi guys,I suspect this is more-or-less a known factor now but just thought I'd confirm.I had done a test flight with the 744F and like many, my FPS count and fluidity was poor.I commented out the ISFD gauge in the VC and flew a flight from WSSS-VHHH last night. With RC4 running, Ultimate traffic at 100% and the freeware VHHH scenery in play, my frames were amazing, better than the PX would be in the same situation. AND I had the gauge refresh rate up to about 18 for the VC!It never dipped once below 20 where previously I was getting 15-16 on a good day in the PAX. Glorious!Of course if I lose my primary screens I might be deep in the proverbial but as RSR noted earlier this week, it's a 1 in 10,000,000 chance!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

If there's no bug in the gauge code and there's no fix to be offered, it would be nice if a 'dumbed-down' ISFD can be offered to get back the VC fluidity that we come to expect from this great a/c.For example, the dumbed-down version can just show the attitude and altitude/speed readouts without the tape and the compass rose. Or just the attitude.On my setup, I need to set the VC gauge frame rate limit to 5-6fps to match the overall fluidity of the pax version running at 17fps. Well, hopefully something can be done about this....PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

>For example, the dumbed-down version can just show the>attitude and altitude/speed readouts without the tape and the>compass rose. Or just the attitude.A neat solution would be to update this gauge less frequently than other gauges (say pegged at 1/3 of the main refresh rate). Not sure if this is doable though.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Good to know Ryan!TBH if this is the one issue that got into the release package then this would rate as one of the most stable and well-behaved releases FS9 has seen.Meantime, I'm sneaking the inop ISFD past my dispatch guy and going flying (shhh)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Boaz

Sorry if this might sound dumb, but what is the ISFD?I have substantial FPS losses at times, although the PAX seems fine, I do how ever lack sounds for almost all switches and knobs.Good to hear Randy.Boaz.

>but what is the ISFD?= Integrated Standby Flight Display.This is the small display-instrument that replacess all 3 standby analog gauges.By the way I have a dumb question too. Is this a customer option to have ISFD mounted at different positions? The only pictures of 747-400F cockpit that I have seen have this display mounted just about in the center, the PMDG's unit is mounted significantly higher.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest Boaz

thanks for that DUH... I really had no clue :-DBoaz.