Sign in to follow this  
Guest kame

Again, SECONDARY EICAS

Guest kame

The PMDG's Secondary EICAS doesn't work with only BATTERY 'ON' and STANDBY POWER 'AUTO', but the PS1's one works with the same conditions. Which is real PMDG's or PS1's?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Guest andyman

PMDGI think you need AC power from engines, ext power, or apu to get the secondary display.

Both are correct in a way, Kan-Ichiro, but PMDG is more realistic.PS1 *assumes* the pilot has used the CRT display switches above the Captain's PFD/ND. PMDG actually shows/models these switches, so you can make the Captain's Inboard IDU become a Lower EICAS Display.In PS1, the CRT's cannot change function (e.g. The Lower IDU cannot become a NAV display, but if the NAV display can be seen somewhere in the cockpit after manual display switching, or autoswitching has happened, then the ND can be seen in PS1) Sorry if we misunderstood your earlier comments.On Standby Power only, you won't be able to see the APU spooling up (after you select START), because the APU Standby Bus is disabled during APU start. After the APU reaches a certain rpm, the displays return.Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>

"I think you need AC power from engines, ext power, or apu to get the secondary display."Not if you use instrument switching, Andy ;)You can see the EICAS secondary display on the Captain's Inboard IDU (which normally shows ND info)Cheers.Q>

Guest kame

Dear Qavion and others,Thanks all for your kind replies.I understand and have been relieved to hear Qavion's detailed instructions.Thank you again,Kan-ichiro Fushihara p.s.I can see the APU spooling up on the LOWER EICAS now, the trouble has occured only on the Smitty's ColdDarkKLAX.

Guest andyman

I know that, but i was just too lazy to type out the whole instrument switching, and pointing out the knobs bla bla bla. Trying to remember which knob it is and giving directions on what to select. I did say Secondary DISPLAY (meaning lower eicas, in my terms)though and not EICAS 2.(PS: I am not "747 illiterate". Please don't take offense to that, but I don't like to be treated like a newbie.)