Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Considering buying the Queen ...

Finally the time has come that I have some spare change and I am considering getting the 744.I have the full 736-9 series and am very happy with it. What kind of performance would I get flying the 747 in 2d panel compared to flying the 737 in 2d panel ?Yes, I know I am comparing apples and oranges. But for those of you that have all sliders to the max what kind of FPS do you get with the default FS9 flight at KSEA when you start with the 737 and the 747 ? 2D panel results only if you don't mind folks. VCs are still frame-rate killers :-)Please state whether you have the default KSEA or the FT version.Thanks for any input.Private messages are also welcome.

They are very close to each other, although since i recall 737 stutters a bit, especially in turns (may be illusion that it only happens in turns). Default KSEA, fair weather theme, most of the sliders max, fps locked at 24:2D:737: 24 747F: 243D:737: 24, sometimes dropping to 20 (stutter)747F(ISFD disabled): 24Overall i find 747 to be smoother experience comparing to 737, but that 's what we call subjectivism (-:

Regards,

Radek

Guest stevesj

Consider no more go buy it. You buy this a/c for the system complexity and life like operations not for eye candy; that is for Sunday C172 VFR pilots. I have my display settings turned down a little for the 747 (in a different sim profile) so I can enjoy what it has to offer. I am in the early stages of building some 'flightsim' webpages, here is a link to create the reduced settings profile for the 747 (for example) http://www.directtravelstore.co.uk/simpages/profileHTHSteveps - you will never get more wow factor for $ 50 !!

its called the Queen but really its the King of all payware aircraft in my opinion..nothing touches the PMDG 747-400