Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400F Version Update (ALL READ)

Guest Senior Captain

To Lefteris, Robert and Team,Wow I just downloaded and tried it out at FCO with a severe thunderstorm and as much stuff running including AS6 with 512 textures as I could. I even put the VC slider back to 15. I have gone from 6-8 frames in VC to nothing less than 20. Also did a hold and she held. IMHO you have shown once again why you are above the rest. Team get her done got her done. To think I was the first one to nominate PMDG for the AVSIM Peoples choice award today 5 hrs before you even released this. Go figure. Three cheers team. A loyal customer.CheersAndrew

Guest Nico M.

It works.Now ive got more frames in the 74F ase in the 744. :D

> If you are using>it- then it is likely that you have lost other screens- so in>effect it becomes a self correcting system: When all the>displays are operating- the ISFD may slow it's own update rate>to preserve your FPS in the VC mode... If you lose screens>and need the ISFD, then your FPS should naturally improve>since you don't have all the displays running- and the ISFD>will bump up it's on frame rates!Very ingenious solution.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest SteveK

To Robert, Lefteris, and the rest of the fine team behind PMDG.Thank you very much for acting on this problem and developing a patch for it as quickly as you have.This is a prime example of quality support when people have a problem and are prepared to handle it in a mannor that is beneficial for all concerned parties.Although I have not downloaded the new installer yet, I am sure that this problem will be solved. From your explination of the new ISFD guage Robert, it sounds like Lefteris has worked some serious magic there, and as always, pushing the limits of FS.Thanks once again Team!Cheers,

Guest bbalfe

Well done guys, Was about to post enquiring about whether I was doing something wroong in relation to the hold problem, and there you go and patch it before I'd finished asking!!Some people... SheeshWell done!!!

"The catch here is that you most likely won't notice the ISFD frame rates unless you are trying to use it."hi all. what does robert mean when he stated the above? how does one "use the ISFD"? can one undock the ISFD? isn't it there all the time, and cannot be toggled?thanksTomas

Guest JTH

Hi will there be a patch for the F eventually or do we all have to re-download and re-install if we want this problem fixed?Thanks a lot, Paul.

just wanted to report that the update worked fantastic for me! great job PMDG for the quick response and hard work!

>"The catch here is that you most likely won't notice the ISFD>frame rates unless you are trying to use it.">>hi all. what does robert mean when he stated the above? how>does one "use the ISFD"? can one undock the ISFD? isn't it>there all the time, and cannot be toggled?Simple. By "using" ISFD he means actually using it for flying as primary reference. Say you had some failure and your main screens went blank. Then you would be "using" the ISFD - that would be your primary flight information, your eyes would be focused on it. But in case of such failure the performance would be boosted by the fact that primary displays were blank. So it is a self-righting system, very clever programming.If your main screens are working fine then you are most likley "using" them for flying, not ISFD. Your eyes won't be bothered by less than stellar refresh rate on ISFD.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

michael j,thanks for that. very clear explanation. very clever programming indeed.tomas

Guest Nico M.

Thank you too for the Patch.Ive got now more then 10 Frames and sometimes 22. :DRegards