Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

PMDG 744 vs. FS Flight Keeper

Guest Foizman

Hi Gents,I use FS Build, FS Navigator and AsV6 to fly the PMDG747. Target goal will be to go online (using FS-INN on VATSIM). Need just a little bit more training ;-)Anyway I've just read about the FS FLIGHT KEEPER and this program seems to be very interesting.So my questions are: 1. any experiences concerning PMDG 744 vs FS Flight Keeper out there? Any problems?2. is FS Flight Keeper good for VATSIM-online flying or is it designed for offline-flying only?3. would it replace FS Navigator and FS Build?greets,Volker

1. I've used FSK with all the PMDG aircraft and have no problems.2. You can use FSK for any type of flying. Most of my flights are on VATSIM.3. FSK does not have flight planning capabilities so you would still use FSBuild (as I do). FSK does have the flight tracking capabil;ities so you would not necessarily need FSNav.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest Foizman

Hi Russell,and how about fps and performance using FS FK/PMDG/AsV6? Acceptable?greets,Volker

Volker-FS Flight Keeper is highly recommended and one of my favorite planners / utilities out there. Thomas Molitor is an exceptional developer and his product one of the best.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thomas had to patch FSFK specifically for the PMDG 747 a while back to resolve some "lights" issues in which PMDG did some unique coding. FSFK now handles the lights correctly but you still have to use the "basic" lights analysis in FSFK. Al

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Foizman

ok, don't know what you are talking about ("basic" lights analysis) but it seems that all of you are satisfied with FS FK. Sounds great.Last 3 questions : 1. I fly 100% in VC using TrackIR. Is it possible to handle the FS FK in VC? Or do you recommend/is it possible to move it to the 2nd monitor? Any problems with this?2. Never have tried it: is it "dangerous" or "buggy" to uninstall FS Navigator 4.7?3. Compared to FS Navigator: does FS FK need much more resources (fps)? I'd expect that because it has lot of more functions.greets,Volker

Guest Foizman

Another question:How about the Sound-Management? Both PMDG and FS FK do make noises.Can anybody recommend a good setup for FS FK?greets,Volker