Sign in to follow this  
Guest FLEX

744PAX question

Guest FLEX

Hey guys im new to this forum and i would like to ask this following question on the 744 coz i just bought the product the other month with the help of my brother hehe.1.I noticed that you only make a FDE for G.E coz ther there is one aircraft.cgf and Airfile only and i dont think the GE, PW and RR has the same fuelburn and wieght. is there any update where i can get the FDE for pw and rr?2. I noticed in some pics and info that the RR and pw uses EPR for thrust reference but it seems that the panel loads the GE EICAS settings when i load the PW and RR model. does this have to do with the setting CRT or LCD?3.Whats the best and better fuel planner to use for the 744?4.do i need to clim above the opt level that is given in the eicas or i would climb to the max level? for. ex the FMC tells that the OPt level is 35000 and the MAX is 41000, will i use the 41000 or can i climb above and between the FL350 and FL4105. when i rotate i usually exceed V2 even my plane is still rotating. what the proper technique you simmer and pilots have been using? 6. do you guys use power on on landing? i mean reduced the thrust once the main gears touches the ground?7.I been wondering if how can i make a barbtype reversal procedure on the PMDG? like on this pic? is there an easy way to do it?1.jpgi hope you guys can answer my question and iy would be much appreciated!:-)BTw, i really love and enjoy your product!keep up the good ! i hope more product especially on the B777!Many Thanks and GOD BLESS Raj!

Guest Nico M.

When you want other LCD for Engines.Buy the B747-400F.That Baby is also great.RegardsNico Markert

Guest FLEX

When you want other LCD for Engines.===============================i dont get it.you mean im gonna buy the 747F in order to get the FDE for pw and RR?:-)I wanted to, but im more on the PAssenger routes.

>1.I noticed that you only make a FDE for G.E coz ther there is>one aircraft.cgf and Airfile only and i dont think the GE, PW>and RR has the same fuelburn and wieght. is there any update>where i can get the FDE for pw and rr?This isn't true - the panels themselves make the necessary modelling adjustments in code for the engines. We use a custom coded engine performance model, the cfg really doesn't have much to do with it. >2. I noticed in some pics and info that the RR and pw uses EPR>for thrust reference but it seems that the panel loads the GE>EICAS settings when i load the PW and RR model. does this have>to do with the setting CRT or LCD?Not sure what you mean here.>3.Whats the best and better fuel planner to use for the 744?The FMC itself is the best way, load the route and look on the PROG page. If you want something a bit more like what a dispatcher would use, get FSBuild 2.>4.do i need to clim above the opt level that is given in the>eicas or i would climb to the max level? for. ex the FMC tells>that the OPt level is 35000 and the MAX is 41000, will i use>the 41000 or can i climb above and between the FL350 and>FL410You want to be at or slightly below the OPT and then step climb throughout the flight. OPT is where you're going to get your best fuel burn.>5. when i rotate i usually exceed V2 even my plane is still>rotating. what the proper technique you simmer and pilots have>been using?I believe standard rotation is about 3 degrees per second or so. (Don't quote me on that) It's pretty normal to hit V2 quickly though if you're not using detrated takeoff thrust. The plane has a lot of power!>6. do you guys use power on on landing? i mean reduced the>thrust once the main gears touches the ground?Should begin reducing in the flare (watch what the autoland does), but power on for most of it, yes.>7.I been wondering if how can i make a barbtype reversal>procedure on the PMDG? like on this pic? is there an easy way>to do it?There's no easy way to code a procedure turn onto the ND, sorry! You could hypothetically do it with a bunch of custom defined waypoints the same way you'd build a DME Arc, but that wouldn't really be realistic at all. I'd just recommend flying off the needles with the ND in LOC mode.>BTw, i really love and enjoy your product!keep up the good ! i>hope more product especially on the B777!Thank you for your support, we appreciate it!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest FLEX

thanks for your reply sir!>2. I noticed in some pics and info that the RR and pw uses EPR>for thrust reference but it seems that the panel loads the GE>EICAS settings when i load the PW and RR model. does this have>to do with the setting CRT or LCD?what i meant was when i load the RR model or the pw model the EICAS shows the wrong engine reading. PMDG_747_Center_Eicas_Engine_Shutdo.jpgit only shows the n1 reading there is no EPR reading to it:-)>You want to be at or slightly below the OPT and then step climb >throughout the flight. OPT is where you're going to get your best fuel >burn.i noticed that if a have 20% of fuel and 178806kgZFW and my flight plane is VHHH-RKSI the 744 climbs so slow for flightlevel 40000 so i just maintain flightlevel 35000. is this wieght too heavy?one more thing, those long haul routes like 15 hours or so. do they usuall use 100% of fuel and at the maximum zero fuel weight of 246143kg

Guest FLEX

i saw this screenshot on the 744F this what im refering to sir:-)747400F_12.jpgmany thanks and GOd blessraj,

You have to purchase the F version to be able to have those EPR gauges................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Kamusta pare,when you purchase the 747F, the PAX is also updated. the RR and PW modeling is updated on the PAX, and you get EPR and N3 on the pax.i think you should definately upgrade to the F. make sure before you do, to update your PAX version first.Max

Guest FLEX

wow! max you know tagalog? are born here in philippines? kababayan pala tayo!another money to save, in order to buy the F version. hehehe.. i tought the PMDG guys made an update about this thou:-)

Guest FLEX

oh i forgot. is there a tutorial that can teaches me on how to creat dme arc on the fmc?:-)

kamusta flex,kababayan tayo. anyway, let's keep it in english. anyway, as for the tutorial, the pmdg has a section on how to create sid/star. pare, how did you get the pinoy charts?save money for the 400F. it's awesome

Guest FLEX

thanks!ill send you pm!

Guest FLEX

no problem sir:-)

Guest FLEX

one more thing.1.which has a better fps on your system a CRT or a LCD?2. i noticed the 744pax doesnt taxi at idle even at low fuel and low weight9tested it last night). it seems that i need to maintain 35& n1. . i asked the 747 captain and they told me that sometimes they dont need to add thrust once the plane is light lest say a 1hour flight with light load. is there an updated patch already for this? 3.when will the service page will be open?4.when my plane will start its descend, the fmc will show a message "Reset Mcp altitude" i did it after that i go to the vnav page and click descend now after the Vnav page goes blank. it only shows ofpathdescent and the other on which i forget.5. how to edit the load of the aircraft? lets say, im done with my flight to VHHH-vtbd and my next flight would be VTBD-WSSS i wanted to add more pax and cargo and i dont want to use the escape button and end the flight and start from the beginning.6. i have a slow movement of flaps one (thats the kreuger flaps i think) when i click on it. is that normal?7. how to over fly a waypoint? lets say i want to turn my aircraft after the waypoint. all i know in airbus mcdu is to hit the triangle button and place it to a waypoint to overfly it.8. whats the use of the FPV? i cant actually understand the manual. so sorry9.in leveld if i use .CHA/064/3000/a/h can this be possible in the744? id yes what are the codes. i dont think the manual shows it.10. and lastly for those who do long routes i wanted to try one pls help me(batting eyelashes). realistic that airliners in real world use.a)gatwick-tncm and the returnb)RPLL-KSFO and returnc)RPLL-KLAX and returnd)VHHH-amsterdam(shipol) and returne)VHHH-KSFO and returnf)WSSS to France la boruget or charles de gaulle and returnG)newark to EGLL the returni) know its plenty of question and request but pretty please(with sugar on top) help me! lol!btw, Loost moon did recieve my pm?:-)many thanks,raj