Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotcdc

LNAV and Direct-To

Guest pilotcdc

Hi all,PMDG, great job with the -400F, as usual! One little problem I'm having though...Yesterday, as I was departing KEWR, my first fix was GAYEL. I performed a Direct-To, engaged LNAV and the plane started towards GAYEL but shortly after started to turn/circle to the right. I've read some previous messages about LNAV not capturing the track and this is what I've noticed; hope it helps.It seems that if you perform a Direct-To with a 360 degree course to the fix, this problem occurs (plane turns left or right instead of on course).For example: Setup -400 or -400F to depart KEWR to somewhere to the northwest (KBUF), fully setup the FMC, no weather, maintain runway heading until the FMC shows a 360 degree course to GAYEL, perform a Direct-To and engage LNAV. The plane will start to turn towards GAYEL but eventually will turn opposite.I have also tried this with different fixes and seems that a Direct-To with a 360 course confuses the airplane. Interestingly, a INTC CRS of 360 works fine.Can anyone else duplicate this error...or any suggestions?Thanks,Christian

I have noticed something similiar this morning. I've departed LIMC (Milan-Malpensa) rwy 35R, flown rwy heading until reaching 5000ft, then i've programmed FMC to fly direct MAL VOR (111.20) followed by holding over MAL, inbound track 090, right turns. After engaging LNAV the airplane started right turn and more or less established on course to MAL, but after a while (still about 5 miles from MAL) it turned 90 degress to the right, flown for a minute or two and then made another 90 degress turn to the right, which was now reverse direction. Then i've decided to take over using HDG SEL.

Regards,

Radek

Hi Christian,I've just experienced the exact same behavior out of EWR. I'm not sure what causes it, but it's definitely present as noted in your post. I thought by line selecting GAYEL and placing it back in the 1L LSK position, it would cure the problem but it did not. Sorry, I have no suggestions as to why the error occurs or how to rectify it.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest pilotcdc

Hi Jim,Thanks for checking that out...glad to see it's not just me!Christian