Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcloney

I am very frustrated

Guest rcloney

I used to use the PM software; and thought I would give the PMDG a try. Bought the 600/700 NG, and I am having nothing but difficluties. I am looking for a step; by step tutorial, because I have been at this for about 10 hours now, and I am not sure I even have the FMC right..... I have no idea how to calc a cost index, or even if I need to. I am getting route dicontinites all over the place, and cant clear them; LNAV does not follow the route in the FMC, and under no circmustnces can I get the autothrottle to arm..........can somebody help me ?Rick

Guest D17S

We all feel your pain. It's a bunch to figure out. Try this, for a start: http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/index.htmIt'll give you a general idea of FMC ops. There's gotta be a 737 equivalent around somewhere. Anyone? I also find that the manual is just too "system description" oriented. I thrive on that kind of detailed description, but I already basically know what it's talking about. Is there a button by button, "This is what, this is why" operation guide out there, especially for the AFS. My impression is that this kind of initial impression is just the one . . . out of the other 99, or 9999 . . . that spoke up. This is a very big sim.

PM software (Project Magenta) is a complete bunch of programs which an be used on a network in a cockpit project. It is the only project which give you all the interface info you need to build your own cockpit.PFD/ND/EICAS, MCP, CDU are indenpendent programs which all can work together and are interfaced via fsiupc with MSFS.The only BIG problem is, that the system logic is not worked out in such detailed level and is more hybrid Boeing or Airbus. Not detailed type specific as the PMDG B737/B744. Therefore when using the PMDG CDU/FMC you can have some difficulties as here the real thing is simulated to the letter. As far I can see, both companies are focussed on different markets.B. rgdsMichel

For more specific tutorials for the 600/700 get these from the Avsim downloads librarypmdg737.zippmdg_flight_tutorial_v2.zip

Guest dt1951

We can all understand your frustration. Yeah, you have to read the manuals. But that provides the specifics on the aircraft systems, not how to fly the darn thing. Perhaps you could arrange to get online with someone who can talk you through a flight.

Rick:Try doing a search here on the forum for Bret Donahue. He has a good FMC tutorial on FMC programming at his site.RegardsRick

Guest rcloney

Thanks for all the replies. will filter thru later. have to get to work.R

Send me a PM and I will take you step by step through a flight, in this way you will see how it all generally works. I will be home after 6 PM PST................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

If anyone can get you up and running Randy can... :-)Thanks for the help Randy on the 737PIC project...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest rcloney

cant sednd you a PM because your profile is disabled.....similar to my FMC skills.........hehehh. send me an email and I will try and get with you tonight. I am also busy until about 9:00 PM MST ( 8 your time)Rick

Guest rcloney

I think I have figured out the signatures as well. I now have downloaded the 2 zips as stated above and will thru those first.

Guest B744

hi Rick, i like to send you some thing, need your email.cheersOscar, katyanov04@hotmail.com