Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Is there a way to fly all liveries with GE engines? (Lefteris and Robert please do not kill me)

Hey all. I know some of you are going to hate me for asking this, specially Robert and his crew (given all the trouble they went through to give us the new engine models). However, I'd like to know whether it is possible for me to fly all 747s I have in all their splendorous liveries with the GE engine model. The reason I ask is that I am not familiar with the way RR and PW display their engine data (EPR vs. N1) and thus I get all lost. Furthermore it creates a huge problem for my takeoff calculations since I use TOPCAT for that, and this wonderful little program was engineered to worlk solely with the GE engines.I also have a couple more questions: Was the sound updated for the people-friendly version as well? BTW, I really think there was a huge improvement on soundOther than that, I'd just like to congratulate Randazzo and his gang for once again delivering muich more than anyone could hope for. I truly am grateful and endebted to you guys. Even though I payed 80 dollars for your program I feel I ripped you off since it's worth so much more than that!Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

I think you can go into your aircraft.cfg file and edit each aircraft's model to GE. In the 747 cargo, for example, change the model= line tomodel=GEFfor the 747F.If you want the GE sound, edit the sound= line to justsound=No entry is the GE sound.You have to do this for each aircraft in your aircraft.cfg file.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest 744nut

"I think you can go into your aircraft.cfg file and edit each aircraft's model to GE."If you do it like this you get troubles with the engine textures of the RR liveries. By the time you resolved these problems, you learned in the same time to fly every engine configuration ;-)Ton

Guest andyman

Every texture folder has all 3 engine textures, RR GE PW. If you change the model, the engine texture will be blue, like the default plane.