Sign in to follow this  
lbarber

PMDG Group Flight This Weekend Anyone?

Hello All!I was thinking since we've all had a little time to get used to our new toy we ought to have some kind of online gathering of PMDG pilots. Would anyone be interested in for a PMDG flyin/group flight on Vatsim sometime this weekend?-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Guest Jacob Lee

I'm game for it. Let me know when and where and I am there. Let's go to a big airport.

Guest Callmecapt

Definitely. How about we do a cross country from say, Seattle to New York or KLAX to Miami. Those 4 airports would be large enough to accomodate the barrage of aircraft.I'm definitely up for it!Goran

Guest lespindo

You Can count on me! Lets Meet in Miami.!!!

Guest Jacob Lee

I would want either New York (JFK or EWR?) or LAX to be the destination. I say we do KJFK-KLAX: KJFK KENNEDY9 RBV J230 AIR J80 MCI J24 SLN J102 ALS J44 RSK J64 HEC MITTS2 KLAX. Also, do we want to do only cargo flights, or are we allowing the passengers to come with us? :)

Guest Jacob Lee

I will be flying PANC-KJFK tomorrow (Sunday) with the Cathay Pacific cargo version (CX083). I will start the flight at 1:00 PM mountain (20:00Z). Someone is welcome to join if they want. Flightplan: PANC YESCKA NCA20 YYZ J522 IGN.IGN7 KJFK. To get this better organized we should probably plan on doing it next week. Or we can join United-Virtual/Air Canada Virtual with their "Saturday Scramble." http://www.united-virtual.com/index.php?mo..._position=24:24

Guest Callmecapt

I think that would be a good idea...to wait til next week to get figures and have time to organize it. But we need a definite agreeable flight plan. Here are some of my suggestions:PANC-KLAXKSEA-PHNLKJFK-KLASKMIA-KLAXKORD-TBPBThere are a few others I like but I'll leave it there for now.Also, I wouldn't mind if we all do a round the world trip with either the cargo or pax versions. 1 leg each weekend making stops at places of interest or we could duplicate John Travoltas spirit of friendship tour.A round the world trip I made about 3 months ago was as follows:YSSY-YBBNYBBN-WSSSWSSS-VHHHVHHH-PANCPANC-PHNLPHNL-KLAXKLAX-KORDKORD-KJFKKJFK-KMIAKMIA-TBPBTBPB-BIKF (That was a long one)BIKF-EHAMEHAM-LGAVLGAV-VHHHVHHH-YSSYPlease post feedback.RegardsGoran

Guest Jacob Lee

I would like the 'round the world trip more than a one-time weekend thing. Let's take a vote: Option 1: PANC-KLAX Option 2: KSEA-PHNL Option 3: KJKF-KLAS Option 4: KMIA-KLAX Option 5: KORD-TBPB (what airport is this?). Option 6: Write-in route. Option 7: 'round the world (the route given above). Write you options in preference. My preference: 7, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5. I will voluteer to tally votes.

Lets do the same trip as shown by Goran in his last post! One leg per Saturday perhaps?

Guest Callmecapt

TBPB is Grantley Adams International located at Barbados in the Bahamas. If you have Islands of the West Indies scenery, it's really something else to see.Goran

Guest Callmecapt

If we get the numbers and some keen interest, I'll compile the flight plans for use with squawkbox, fsnav(for those that have it) and fs9 and also in .pdf format, zip them up and either email them to those interested or put them up on a server for download. Failing that, I can email them to someone with web space so they can host the files for download.Let me know so we can get that part out of the way in time for next weekend.We also have to agree on a time to start this, taking into account we all live in different timezones, Friday 2200UTC through to 0200UTC Sunday is a good time for me.Goran

Funny, this thread got almost no attention for the first couple of days it was posted, I guess everyone was out flying :-PSince its Sunday afternoon already, lets put this on hold until next weekend, that way we can probably have some more participants and get a better idea of what routes folks want to fly. I'm currently in the virtual skies over the North Atlantic but I'll try to put up some proposals for routes once I get back on Terra Firma.Cheers!-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

I'm gonna unpin the thread for now - once someone has a firm plan in place for when this is actually going to happen, let me know via a PM and I'll pin it for everyone to see again...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

How about Saturday 1st April at 9:00am Australian Eastern Daylight Time?