Sign in to follow this  
Guest ivo

747-400ER

Guest ivo

I was wondering why PMDG didn't include Extended Range Models? Is there a significant difference between the regular and the ER models? If there isn't, isn't there anything I can change in the aircraft.cfg to make my -400 into an Extended Range model?

AFAIK the only differences are an increase in MTOW up to 910,000 pounds and some changes inside the aircraft.

Guest ivo

So I guess I could go and modify the aircraf.cfg and have myself a 747-400ER and a 747-400ERF.

Guest ivo

Also, can't I make myself a 737NGF? All I need is some repaints to the aircraft.cfg and a cargo repaints. Or is it illegal to modify the software?

PMDG highly recommends against making any alterations to the aircraft.cfg file. The aircraft.cfg file has been finely tuned to work in concert with the flight model, and the PMDG custom autopilot and navigation equipment. Making even the slightest alteration could cause unpredictable results.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

There are significant differences between the regular 744 and the 744ER... That's why, as a regular 744 maintenance engineer, I am not allowed to certify for a 744ER.The largest difference is the fuel system. There is a very large Aux fuel tank in the forward cargo area... and some hopelessly complicated fuel system logic to go with that. e.g. The fuel delivery system is assisted by cabin differential pressure.The overhead panel would have to be changed (extra "pump" switches), the fuel synoptic would have to be changed, the switches on the overhead Maintenance Panel would have to be changed (VC), the FMC would have to be changed to reflect different weights and the PMDG Load Manager would have to be changed accordingly (and probably lots of other things I've overlooked... being a non-programmer). Because of the addition of the Aux fuel tank, various aircraft components have had to be relocated, but this would probably not be seen in the sim.On our RW 744ER's, there are different Instrument Source Select Switches outboard of the PFD's, a different WX Radar system was fitted (with a flight phase "Auto Tilt" system), the Tire Px indication system was not fitted, etc....On the ER, even the wheels are a different size.Hope this helps?Cheers.Q>

Guest wee_davie_2612

The differences between the -400 and -400ER are:Range (duh) -400 7260nm -400ER 7670nmThe -ER has a higher MTOW, up from 396,900Kg to 412,775KgThe -ER has a slightly modified wingThe -ER is strengthed internallyThe -ER has reduced cargo capacity due to the inclusion of one or two additional fuel tanks in the front lower cargo compartment (3060 us gal each) -400 can fit 8 LD2 containers in the front hold the -ER can fit 5 with both tanks installed.The -400ER has slightly larger wheels and tyres (about 1" difference)The RR RB211 is not offered as an option with the -400ERIn a nutshell, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from the outside unless thre was a sticker on the aircraft. Inside there is more fuel and less cargo.Cheers,David

Guest ivo

Thanks for all the replies guys! I won't be making any changes to my aircraft.cfg. The 744 is enough for me too handle. It just sparked my curiousity because when I went to the downloads section, the 744F liveries, the KLM livery said that it was a 747-400ER aircraft. I thought about the possibility of a future update to include the 744ER, but I don't think PMDG will do it. There aren't that many differences anyways. The range is only a little greater and the MTOW is increased slightly.

Guest alexhn

I know the question has been asked many times - but i am going to ask it once more.Is there any possibility that PMDG may consider an -ER to make their 744 product range complete?

Alex-Honestly- we haven't given it too much thought currently.The changes that would be required to the systems model can be done, and obviously we can do just about anything we'd like to the visual model- but it was FAR TOO dissimilar when compared to the 400/400F for us to wrap it easily into the existing 400F cycle.There has been no discussion of an ER/ERF....If there is- I'll let you know!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Callmecapt

who's up for a vote?:-wave

Guest SIX

My vote is HECK YEAH, at least have the discussion.I never understood why other developers would develop such a thing as a A340-200 or 300 if the 500/600 was there, or at least give us all of 'em. With the PXX 772, I always wondered why not a 200ER and a -300, and now they have both. I love long hauls. In fact, I am half way on a KEWR to VHHH (7125nm) with a ZFW of 477,680 and 342,000 lbs of fuel. It takes me an hour to get my weights right without going over on either the PLW or MTOW or something with a "W" in it. I would love to get that extra bit of room in the tanks, range and MTOW. As a long hauler I am constantly trying to load the a/c heavier and fly it further. Period!>who's up for a vote?>:-wave Wilson HinesMy Blog: http://www.wilsonhines.com --------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png