Sign in to follow this  
Qavion

Call outs

"Another thing was the "minimums" call out at minimums was also an electronic voice. I havent jump seated on a B744 that does not have the electronic "minimums" call out."Alex, the "minimums" callout is based on Radio Altitude. Are you setting your RADIO MINS correctly? My PMDG callouts are working fine.You may find things have changed a bit since 1998. A lot of airlines are now using extra callouts. The callout at 2500 is now becoming quite popular. Enhanced GPWS also adds lots of new aurals and you can now have a combination of different people's voices... on the same aircraft). The aurals in PMDG's 744 sound realistic to me.If I get the opportunity, I'll write down a list of the aurals on MAS's 744 (I work on this airline from time to time). The Central Maintenance Computer EGPWS test runs through all the aurals the airline has chosen.Cheers.Q>

Guest Agun13

>"Another thing was the "minimums" call out at minimums was>also an electronic voice. I havent jump seated on a B744 that>does not have the electronic "minimums" call out.">>Alex, the "minimums" callout is based on Radio Altitude. Are>you setting your RADIO MINS correctly? My PMDG callouts are>working fine.>>You may find things have changed a bit since 1998. A lot of>airlines are now using extra callouts. The callout at 2500 is>now becoming quite popular. Enhanced GPWS also adds lots of>new aurals and you can now have a combination of different>people's voices... on the same aircraft). The aurals in PMDG's>744 sound realistic to me.>>If I get the opportunity, I'll write down a list of the aurals>on MAS's 744 (I work on this airline from time to time). The>Central Maintenance Computer EGPWS test runs through all the>aurals the airline has chosen.>>Cheers.>Q>Cool. Thanks for that informative reply. This is because I have jumpseated on MH B744s many times before and I guess I would have done so on all of their B744s before Sept 11. My dad used to fly for that airline in the past. The last time my dad went back to Kuala Lumpus he told me that the MH B737 was starting to have the FODAS system so that the pilots have to fly within a certain envelops and not stray too far away from that for too long. And the electronic call outs at minimums is the one that is heard in the Feelthere B737 and the Level D B767. There is a callout on the PMDG series but it is not the same as the electronic call outs on the real MH B744 that i fly on.Best regards,Alex G

I like having all the altitude call-outs, it would have been nice to have an option to customise what you get - having a GWPS section in the PMDG menu, then having check boxes for the alts and calls you want :-)

Alaister Kay

Guest Agun13

>I like having all the altitude call-outs, it would have been>nice to have an option to customise what you get - having a>GWPS section in the PMDG menu, then having check boxes for the>alts and calls you want :-)>YEah. I am guessing that there are so many airline configurations out there in the world that it is impossible to model them all. I also noticed that there is this + on the ND mode selection panel. I am not sure but some airlines do not have that one there. I guess that the details are so small that you do not normally notice them unless you look very carefully. Even myself when I rode on the jumpseat, I was more excited about what was going on with the flight deck operations that I did not notice that either. Also on some airlines like Qantas the AUTOBRAKE selection switch is located on the captain`s side just below the ND and on some airlines that one is located on the pedastal.BEst regards,Aelx G

Guest Agun13

Hi there guys, I see that you really have the ECIAS updated both in the freighter and also in the pax version as well! I have been flying around in the B747-400F a bit as well. I do report that the FPS on the freighter is not as good as the pax version but I am sure that you guys are doing something for it at the moment. I was wondering while you are at that would it be possible to do something about the GPWS callouts as well? I remembered that when I jumpseated a MH B744 back in 1998 I haerd that the altitude callouts were only for the last 100 feet before landing? I know that this is an airline option so I wouldnt critise PMDG for it but i was hoping if there was anyway to swtich to this airline option. I normally jumpseated on MH`s B744s in the past and I am used to that altitude callouts. Another thing was the "minimums" call out at minimums was also an electronic voice. I havent jump seated on a B744 that does not have the electronic "minimums" call out. I know that this is a minor problem but it would be super if the PMDG cre seat down and looked at this issue as well. The electronic minimums callout is superbly modelled in the Level D B767 as well as the Feelthere B737 series as well.Best regards,Alex G.