Sign in to follow this  
Guest lflinares

Stick shaker going off during cruise with strong tailwind

Guest lflinares

Hopping across the pond this evening at FL330 with the 400F and a tailwind of 50kts, the IAS dropped to around 238kt/0.64M, eventhough my programmed cruise speed on the CDU was 0.846. This resulted in the shaker going off warning of low speed. I have not had any unrealistic effects with head or cross winds during cruise.Am I missing something?Luis KMIA

Guest 744nut

Luis,Check your Flight Mode Annunciator in the PFD. The right mode should not be empty....which is the case I think :-) This is a workaround which works for me (now and than): ALT HOLD, SPD and than LNAV/VNAVhope this will helpTon

Hi Luis,in that case make sure, that you set the thrust limit to "con" instead of "crz" in the FMC. That gives you the necessary engine power you need to keep up the speed you want at high altitudes.

Guest lflinares

Thanks, guys. I will try those work arounds, and thanks PMDG for the great work!LuisKMIA