Sign in to follow this  

Confused about temperature adjustments

I have been playing around with the temperature adjustment knobs in the overhead panel but am confused. It appears as if the cockpit is the only independently adjustable temperature control. Changing the temperature on the crew area in the back also adjusts the main cargo hold temperature, and the crew rest area temp gauge adjusts the back main cargo holds temperature. Is this how its supposed to be? I cannot seem to get the upper deck to stay at normal while the cargo decks to be cool. What am I doing wrong?Thanks

so is this pilot error or is there a problem? Just wonderin.Thanks!

Guest 744nut

"What am I doing wrong?"As far as I can see: nothing :-) I checked a RW freighter manual and the Air Distribution Diagram shows that the FL DECK TEMP controls FLT deck, crew area and crew rest area by pack 1.Ton

OK so then there is a problem, because the flight deck controls only the flight deck, and the other switches control the crew and cabin areas as well as the lower cargo holds. of course its a minor problem, but it would be cool if this could be fixed

Guest 744nut

Hi Al,I answered your question at bedtime :-) After a good night rest I further checked the diagram plus the explanation about temperature control. And as far as I understand the explanation ( I am no engineer :-) ) the temperature of the crew area

Guest 744nut

Hi Al,Here is the diagram I talked about...confusing too ;-)Ton