Sign in to follow this  
Djang0

747 pax general questions

Some general questions I have about the 747 pax after recently installing it.Q01) The cargo doors open with the cockpit cold and dark - is this realistic, shouldn't we need electrical or hydraulic power?Q02) From the VC you can't see the wing tips but I thought that the wing tips could just be viewed i.e. for taxiing - is this a limit of the visual model? Q03) From the VC you can't open the cockpit emergency roof hatch! On the real plane doesn't the hatch have its status displayed on the EICAS Doors page?Q04) Why is the top edge of the overhead panel cut off (see below)?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/145768.jpgQ05) Why no circuit breaker panel (even if not all functions could be simulated)?Q06) I notice that there are few switches for testing warning lights e.g. GPWS warnings and there is no master warning light test switch - am I missing something, how are the warning lights tested?Q07) What is the logic behind the priority of the EICAS warning messages, e.g. are the warnings at the top more important?Q08) Does it make a difference to the accuracy of data displayed if panels such as the lower display are opened from the VC and then viewed in the 2D view?Q09) How do I stowe the rudder in a deflected position for a complete complete shutdown, and does it matter in which direction the rudder is stowed?Q10) I've noticed that sometimes the corners of the main displays appear on top of the display trim in the panel (see the top left hand corner below), can I prevent this?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/145765.jpg

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

>Q02) From the VC you can't see the wing tips but I thought>that the wing tips could just be viewed i.e. for taxiing - is>this a limit of the visual model? We don't include wingviews in the VC due to FPS concerns, sorry.>Q03) From the VC you can't open the cockpit emergency roof>hatch! On the real plane doesn't the hatch have its status>displayed on the EICAS Doors page?Same thing. My guess is people would click that once and forget about it...>Q05) Why no circuit breaker panel (even if not all functions>could be simulated)?Simulation of circuit breakers is beyond the scope of the product, this isn't a CBT. Would take an inordinate amount of time and again it's something that 1/10 of 1% would use.>Q07) What is the logic behind the priority of the EICAS>warning messages, e.g. are the warnings at the top more>important?Look in the manual for the difference between advisory, caution, and warning messages (white, yellow, red).>Q08) Does it make a difference to the accuracy of data>displayed if panels such as the lower display are opened from>the VC and then viewed in the 2D view?Shouldn't at all.>Q09) How do I stowe the rudder in a deflected position for a>complete complete shutdown, and does it matter in which>direction the rudder is stowed?The rudder isn't purposefully deflected on the ground, it simply turns in whatever direction the wind is blowing due to lack of hydraulic pressure.>Q10) I've noticed that sometimes the corners of the main>displays appear on top of the display trim in the panel (see>the top left hand corner below), can I prevent this?Not sure why that's happening, haven't seen that personally.I'll look into the other things...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks a lot for your reply Ryan.>Simulation of circuit breakers... Would take an inordinate amount of time... something that 1/10 of 1% would use.I think many simmers would benefit from such functionality, even though rarely used - the "knowing it's there" mentality makes a difference. of course a huge task for the development team.>Look in the manual for the difference between advisory, caution, and warning messages (white, yellow, red).I've searched the manual but I'm uncertain about whether the yellow cautions themselves are prioritised. E.g. if I have more yellow cautions than can even be displayed at the same time on th EICAS, then should I assume the ones at the top are potentially more important?>The rudder isn't purposefully deflected on the groundI've read somewhere that the rudders on large aircraft are sometimes recommended to be in a deflected position when the aircraft is not in use. Are you sure this doesn't apply to the 747?

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

>I've read somewhere that the rudders on large aircraft are>sometimes recommended to be in a deflected position when the>aircraft is not in use. Are you sure this doesn't apply to the>747?This has been discussed before and real 747 drivers participated and apparently 747's rudder is "flapping" in the wind when powered down.I personally don't think very many simmers would benefit from functioning circuit breakers panel. Lots of work for programmers with minimal gain.My guess is that there is no prioritization of any kind among yellow caution messages (first come first serve). It would be up to pilots to determine which ones are more important for them. Again, this is just my guess. (Also I think there is no problem of being unable to fit all messages - there can be multiple pages).Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Django....There is no warning for the overhead escape hatch. Perhaps you were thinking of the equipment centre hatches? This is probably why you'll sometimes find a crewmember dangling from the hatch handle during preflights... making sure that it won't pop open at a critical moment during takeoff :)There is a smoke evacuation hole in the top of the cockpit which is opened by a handle on the overhead panel. Cigarette-smoking crews sometimes have a nasty habit of partially opening up this hole in flight to evacuate their cigarette smoke, then forgetting to close it after the flight. The next flightcrew to fly the aircraft then go crazy trying to figure out where the sound of rushing air is coming from. However, if the emergency hatch dropped down, I think the consequences would be a little more serious... especially for the guy sitting under the hatch at the time :(The yellow messages are divided into Cautions and Advisories. The Advisories are less important and are shifted one space to the right. The only other priority is that all new messages appear at the TOP of the list in their respective categories (Warning/Caution/Advisory/Memo).Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Q>P.S (Edit) "Q09) How do I stowe the rudder in a deflected position for a complete complete shutdown, and does it matter in which direction the rudder is stowed?"The rudder can't be "stowed". The trim should be set to neutral for landing... and it should stay there. The next crew don't want to find themselves running off the runway during takeoff. With hydraulics off, the rudder is free to blow about in the wind. There is no way of holding it in place other than repowering the hydraulics.

Qavion, Always love reading your posts. Thanks for the information. :)

Re CB'sFew Procedures call for the use of CB's. If the top development teams were to spend time on breakers, they'd have to be accurate of course. This would distract them from major systems. It would be like being penny wise and pound foolish.Paul