Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Possible new aircraft for PMDG to develop

I think we should possibly look outside the box and look at originality and leading edge aircraft, even if on ice at present.What about the new CSeries Bombardier (Regional Jet)?- The CRJ has a huge following of large airlines and feeder services as a medium range aircraft.- It's fast and has a high ceiling.- Has a nice, easy-to-learn glass cockpit with nice bright LCD's.- Flies tight corners, nifty and like a dream.- The CSeries will accommodate 110 or 135 passengers, rivaling the 737-600 and the A319/A320.- Bombardier forecasts between 5,000 and 6,000 aircraft over the next twenty years. PerformanceRange @ Max. PaxC110 STD (110 passengers) 1,800 NM 3,335 kmC110 ER (110 passengers) 3,000 NM 5,560 kmSpeed Mach kts. mph km/hMax Cruise Speed 0.82 470 541 870Normal Cruise Speed 0.78 447 514 828Maximum Operating Altitude 41,000 ft 12,496 mPreliminary Data:Configuration- 110 Passengers Seated @ 32" Pitch Three Flight AttendantsCabin Windows- Large 11" X 16" Positioned HighPassenger Seats- 18.5" Wide Economy Class Seats (19.5" Mid Seat) 20.0" Wide Business Class Seats Slim Profile Design Large Under-seat Stowage AreaCargo Compartments - Usable 830 ft3 7.6 ft3/pax 39.5" Height110 Seats single class. 99 Seats Dual Class.C-130Configuration- 130 Passengers Seated @ 32" Pitch Three Flight AttendantsCargo Compartments - Usable 1058 ft3 8.1 ft3/pax 39.5" HeightAll other items identical.According to Bombardier, the C-110 will carry a cash operational cost 15% lower than the Boeing 717, and 17% lower than the Airbus 318. Given most recent FAA FORM 41 Data, the hourly direct operating cost for the C-110 version of approximately $1800 USD per hour.Source: BombardierAnthonyCape TownSouth Africahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146130.jpg

The 777 definitely. The community deserves a serious package of this aircraft and only PMDG can do it with the right stuff. Sure there is another company with a PRO package of the T7 but it sound like a 'Bug 777' for all we know.

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

>What about the new CSeries Bombardier (Regional Jet)?How could PMDG possibly do the CSeries? There is not even a complete prototype on the drawing board. By the way the project is not really on ice, but more or less cancelled the way Bombardier wanted to do it. If they do a new airplane it will be entirely different from the CSeries.I've read some quotes from Bombardier that MAYBE they'd rather want to compete against Boeing and Airbus on a A32x/B737NG successor. But that's not going to fly this decade...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Not to bash any other companies but WOW just thinking about a>PMDG 777 makes me drool. Could you imagine if we had PMDG>737, LVL-D 75 and 767 and a PMDG 777 to slide in there with>the Queen. PMDG and LVL-D can give us everything I would ever>need from FS :)>-Paul777!!!! PLEASE

Hi,My guess is that PMDG won't release anything..... untill FSX is out.I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working on FSX aircraft.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hello,I am flying the 737NG and 737-800/900.I find those products outstanding. But what if the trend would change way and begin maybe to develop the Airbus321/320 series?I think that this would be really a nice aircraft to develop.I'm flying the Eurowings Pro. as well but that's nothing compared to PMDG's products.Best regards/Artur

Guest Pilot53

Quote:>The 777 definitely. The community deserves a serious package of this >aircraft and only PMDG can do it with the right stuff. Sure there is >another company with a PRO package of the T7 but it sound like a 'Bug >777' for all we know.I cant stand that other company they left so much out and their plane bearly works, their trech support personel actually called me illiterate, now is that how a paying coustomer should be treated? No WAY! and I know PMDG would never do that. So please PMDG make a 777.

A320/21 from PMDG? :( sighdon't start me off - I can see the perfect model, the vc, the systems - whotta dream...Hope someday such a thing can happen - from ANY of the ultra high end groupsTalk about sell like hot bread :)regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

>Quote:>>The 777 definitely. The community deserves a serious package>of this >aircraft and only PMDG can do it with the right>stuff. Sure there is >another company with a PRO package of>the T7 but it sound like a 'Bug >777' for all we know.>>>I cant stand that other company they left so much out and>their plane bearly works, their trech support personel>actually called me illiterate, now is that how a paying>coustomer should be treated? No WAY! and I know PMDG would>never do that. So please PMDG make a 777.Well, your spelling is a bit suspect. :)Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

There's also the Lago Twotter available. Quite good, though it's been around for a while.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

The 146 would make a great subject. It's a fascinating type with many unique features.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest diajohn2

The "other" company may get the 777 right yet. I really believe the community needs a good airbus like the 320 family. The ones out there are not "world class" and there are a lot of pilots trained so team building should not be a problem. I have heard that the Airbus factory is not much help but that should not stop a dedicated team like PMDG from building the second most popular aircraft series into a good simulated aircraft. It is more than a rumor that one of the new aircraft in FSX will be a bus.

I think the 717 would make the perfect follow up to the MD11. A fully featured BAe146/Avro RJ would be a fascinating product for PMDG, especially if both analogue and digital panels were done.Please, PMDG, do not revisit types that have been done (quite well)already, let us have something new and different.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Pilot53

Quote:>Well, your spelling is a bit suspect.>Kevinlol, I usually write these things quite fast, looking over my previous message right now I did catch quite a few mistakes, oops ;). Anyway their behavior still sould not be tolerated and I will never give them my buisness, and I advise any wise consumers out there to do the same.

Guest D17S

The 717 is the exact same AFS as the MD11. That might just work. Great idea.