Sign in to follow this  
Guest TRK3586

Which US operators use the 747F?

Guest TRK3586

I was interested in purchasing this update to complete my 747 set, but I am completely unfamiliar with cargo ops. Who in the US uses the 747F and what kinds of routes do they fly? Do they use it domestically? Am I correct in saying that FedEx and UPS don't use it?Tim

Guest UPS011

UPS has some on order I think 8 but dont hold me to that. They should be in service in about a year and ahalf.Thanks!Mark

To answer the other part of your question, Polar and Atlas both fly 744Fs as well as older 747-200s. There are probably more, but not sure which. The easy thing to do is to go to PMDGs site, go to downloads and then the 744F section. All of the textures currently available will be there and that should give you an idea of who flies them.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/downloads/747F.htmChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ASUS A8V Deluxe 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2ProWD 120 gig HDDWD 80 gig HDDTwin WD 160 gig SATA HDDsSB Audigy 2ATI Radeon X850 Pro 256CH Products USB Yoke, Pedals, Throttle QuadBelkin Nostromo n52Windows XP Pro SP2

Guest TRK3586

I did see the flight schedules on Polar's site and saw some nice domestic 747 flight, but what about the other carriers? How does one get a hold of their schedules?Tim

Polar and Atlas are the only American operators of the 744FThey fly all over the world including hops around various airports in the US. But mostly they do trans-pacific flying to Japan/Asia and back through PANC then KLAX, and on the east, JFK/MIA/Chicago to EuropeThey are an ACMI carrier so they are a company for hire. The contracts they have now are for Qantas and Emirates and their European arm, Globaly Supply Systems flies for British Airways, they use to fly for Alitalia, China Airlines, and others.

Al is partially correct aboutPolar/Atlas ... they fly ALL OVER THE PLANET .. not just trans-pacific or trans-atlantic. Check out Globe Cargo Virtual ... I have flown many Polar routes, some examples:SCEL-KMIA ... Santiago to MiamiKATL-VABB ... Atlanta to BombayKATL-EGPK-EHAM ... Atlanta-Prestwick-AmsterdamKJFK-EBLG-RKSI ... Kennedy-Liege-Inchon... among many South America and Europe routes

oops, I forgot about the routes to South and Central America. I think they still operate for LAN?Anyway, Atlas also operates for Air New Zealand

Saw Atlas on the ground at NZAA two weeks ago!Wish I was back there!!!Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!