Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

Just Planes Polar Air vid

Guest AJ

Just curious if anyone has tried the Polar Air DVD from Just planes (http://www.worldairroutes.com/Polar.html)? From the description it sounds pretty good. It is 205 minutes long, and features both the 747-200F and the 747-400F. Thus it soudns like it would be a very interesting shor for cargo fans. I have seen nome good revies, but am curious if anyone here has tried it? If so, how does the quality compare with the ITV 747-400 DVD?Andrew

Guest Hawkeyeted

Though not of the same quality as ITVV, it is an excellent video. I've got the DVD and frequently toss it in to watch. It's especially good with your morning coffee....

awesome! I just wish they went to more places! But a great video showing some great airports, and a good general discussion of the aircraft systems, both on the -200 and -400

i just ordered it..looking forward to watching it. The ITVV Virgin DVD is a must have DVD!. Pity they dont make the Polar DVD in PAL versions for us europeans! My old tv wont show NTSC! :(I also got the ITVV A330-200 but it simply doesnt cut it, Boeing aircraft are far more interesting in my opinion. the displays are all cramped together and not easy to follow on the Airbus. Can anyone recommend any other DVDs out there?

Guest Tom C.

Try the ITVV MD-11 DVD too. Its every bit as good as the 747-400 Virgin one.Might get to learning early in advance of the MD-11 by PMDG too :(

Guest socal

MD11 martinair IITV, a very good training for the future fly of PMDG :9.PMDG number one. Mike,

Guest AJ

>I have the Polar dvd and like it alot. What makes the Virgin>one better?>>Greg Moore>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifI'd like to know that too. It seems like having several different flights with different crews (as on the Polar DVD), would offer a broader perspective. Anyway I am torn. I can't affort both right now, so I need to pick the one that will give me the most bang for my buck (both information-wise and entertainment-wise). Then perhaps down the road I might consider picking up the other. Of course witht eh release of the 400F, the polar one is sounding like the winner to me right now.Andrew

I havent watched the Polar DVD yet but the Virgin Atlantic DVD starts off with the Captain Alan Carter explaining the processes involved in dispatching the aircraft: he goes through the enroute charts, wind and weather charts, notams etc , he explains about alternates etc. Then onto the aircraft for pre flight checklists, engine start up etc. What i like about it is that alan explains whats happening and always keeps the viewer informed of what this switch will do etc.On some DVDs i find the captain isnt really that interesting to listen too. I actually learned to do the Tank To Engine procedure on the PMDG 747-400 by watching the DVD as he tells you which buttons are pressed and when and what effect they have :) Overall its just the wealth of information on the DVD that i like and the way its presented. if you fly PAX then you should watch it im sure you can replicate some things from the DVD in your PMDG! I look forward to watching the Polar DVD

Guest Hawkeyeted

>i just ordered it..looking forward to watching it. The ITVV>Virgin DVD is a must have DVD!. Pity they dont make the Polar>DVD in PAL versions for us europeans! My old tv wont show>NTSC! :(Most newer DVD players support NTSC and PAL. By that, I mean that you can play an NTSC DVD in the player and it will play on a PAL TV. The DVD player decodes the regional encoding so it will play on the local system.That said, you should still be able to play an NTSC on your computer too. All modern PC DVD burners/players work for both NTSC and PAL.

Guest Boone

An NTSC dvd will play in a PAL dvd player. The monitor (tv) needs to be 60mhz or more i.e. bought in the last five years!Cheers,(SONIC) BooneCurrently saving pennies for a new pooter for FSX (don't tell the misses!)

the virgin DVD is much higher quality with more views and better explanations of the systems and flight. the polar and atlas dvds are my favorite though, because they do talk about cargo ops.