Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Addon scenery for fs2002.

Can any one explain to me in exact detail how to addon terrain mesh when also adding on additional scenery to the same area. EG Tony Argumonts Cauba or the latest St.Maartin scenery. Can i just put the terain mesh bgl file in the fs2002 scenery folder and the rest in the fs2002 addon folder in the apropriate folders, or do i need to put the terrain mesh bgl in the addon folder as well. Do i need to activate the terain mesh bgls od just the addon bgls. I fing this quite confusing.Thanks in advance,Stuart!!!

As mesh scenery sits below nearly all others in terms of priority, you can install it where you want.Personally, I have a separate folder for all my mesh scenery, which is 3rd from bottom in the scenery.cfg file listing. In this case, I created the new folder (F:FS2002SceneryMesh) in the usual manner then moved it down the list until it was 3rd from bottom. Once this is done, you can put all your mesh scenery there without having to worry about adding extra entries in the scenery.cfg file.FS2002 will automatically select the mesh with the highest resolution, so where you have two mesh sceneries for the sane area, it will only select one.For other scenery add-ons, I place them in separate sub-folders within FS2002Scenery, although you can put them anywhere as long as you activate them within FS2002. Frequently different sceneries by the same author will use the same textures, so space can be saved by putting all these in the one folder. Thus, for instance, I have one folder for all of Don Moser's Alaska scenery, one for all of Tom Fica's etc.Where this system doesn't work is if the author requires a specific Exclude or Flatten statement to be written in the scenery.cfg file. As far as I can tell each entry in the scenery.cfg file can only have one Exclude statement and up to 10 Flatten statements, so here it is best to keep the new scenery addition in its own folder with its own entry in the scenery.cfg file. All neccessary details are usually given in the readme that accompanies the new scenery.After a few additions, you'll soon get the hang of the process, but if not, come back here !