Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Attn New Zealand Captains: Flight Experience 737NG

Hi gents, excuse the NZ-focussed post.I have a session in Flight Experience's new 737NG sim in Wellington this Saturday. www.flightexperience.co.nz for those who are curious, it's a fixed-base system and appears to run on the MSFS environmental engine. Not sure about systems modelling but possibly it's PMDG?Anyone had a go at this? Would be keen to chat with anyone who has tried it. If you're happy to answer a few questions about your experience can you please PM me? Gracias.Anyone who would like to know how it goes, I'll post a brief outline of the flight this weekend.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yeah it seemed unlikely to me too. Probably project magenta with most of the overhead being dummy switches or similar. Will find out in any case.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

sounds to me like something much more substantial than Project Magenta if it has certification for pilot's recurrent training.Michael J.

Hi, yes I'd love to hear about it. The same company has a simulator in Christchurch. Hope to be there early next year.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Guest gremel

Let me know also since I'll be in Christchurch in Sept. How much is this per hour? I know in the States, it is approx. $550/hr. Does this flight experience have... real hydraulics... or, is it just in an incapsulated.. (fixed).. cockpit??The cockpit looks pretty authentic....Would be interested to learn more about it.Regards,jack

It's not a Boeing approved training device though they have NZCAA approval for use in some training capacity. It's a fixed base device so any sense of movement is provided by the peripheral cues.As for hourly rates, the site has prices for a few different packages.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest gremel

I think I'd skip the start-up etc. & do the 90 minute episode and manually fly the thing. The price is hopefully in Aus $..Right!! Hate to waste the time on engine startup, pushback and all the other unnessary operations..I guess it's nice for some folks who have never been in one before though..Regards & thanks for the info.jack

Even better, it's in NZ dollars!Sounds like you can be pretty flexible in terms of how the flight goes too.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest mauricemel

just booked in myself was going to be in christchurch in july even better that the kiwi dollar has fallenmauricemelbourne aussie

For the Europeans among us, in Bruges, Belgium, there is a full motion simulator, which is not officially approved but is very realistic and has most systems modeled. It is very cheap and the experience is amazing. http://www.brugesaircollege.be/Dirk

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Hi all,Did the Christchurch 767 before Xmas - cost about

Well I've just returned form my session as described above.What can I say... Simply the best flight simulation experience I've had, ever. Flew from NZWN-NZQN in just under 1hr 15 mins with about 10 minutes pre-start and a few minutes shutdown at the end.The guys at the Wellington site were professionals and fellow enthusiasts to the core. The sim has been set up with some excellent addon NZ scenery and coming into Queenstown visually was a true moment of FS suspension of disbelief.I'd recommend this for anyone, especially you PMDG 737NG drivers out there. The sim itself uses inhouse developed systems modelling but basically if you've flown PMDG it will be a very intuitive experience.The only problem is that going back to my Desktop flightsim rig just won't seem the same!

Mark Adeane - NZWN