Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agun13

Classic CX B747-400 repaint

Guest Agun13

I was just watching my old DVD of the ITVV B747-400 video with Don Grange over my holidays. I was just thinking if there was anyone out there who could do a DXT3 repaint of the PMDGB744? For better FPS for people like me as I run on a notebook computer. Hey I was also wondering about what you all said about that it was easy to convert high quality 32 Bit textures into DXT3 format. I am not really that good with computers so I was wondering if you could brief me on how to get this done.Thanks.Regards,Alex G

Guest RollsRoyce

Hi Alex,First do a search on avsim for "cathay pmdg". You will get your CX OC repaints. The way these are installed is you copy your default texture folder and paste it again, obviously renaming it to something like "texture.cathayold" then using the new downloaded textures, over write the default ones in the new copied folder. Just add the folder like you do to your aircraft.cfg and go flying!If you need the textures changing into DXT3, I have a converter that does this for all texture files, but PM me and I'll get it over to you and with instructions on how to use it.Cheers,Bilal

Guest Agun13

>Hi Alex,>>First do a search on avsim for "cathay pmdg". You will get>your CX OC repaints. The way these are installed is you copy>your default texture folder and paste it again, obviously>renaming it to something like "texture.cathayold" then using>the new downloaded textures, over write the default ones in>the new copied folder. Just add the folder like you do to your>aircraft.cfg and go flying!>>If you need the textures changing into DXT3, I have a>converter that does this for all texture files, but PM me and>I'll get it over to you and with instructions on how to use>it.>>Cheers,>BilalHi there I have tried the program DXTBMP or something like that. Its doesnt work too well for me. I do not see the option DXT3 anywhere. Can you please help me do it and then email the file to stringfellow_liew@hotmail.com. I have tried one of the Cathay old colors files and i think that that one is already in DXT3 format and it ia blur.Please advise me on how to get the conversion done as the SQ repaints are also in 32 Bit high quality ones as well.Regards,Alex G

Guest RollsRoyce

Alex,I'm going to try and send you the tool that converts the images into 32/DXT3 through my email, please give me a confirmation reply if you get it, because sometimes my email doesn't always go through.Bilal

Guest Agun13

>Alex,>>I'm going to try and send you the tool that converts the>images into 32/DXT3 through my email, please give me a>confirmation reply if you get it, because sometimes my email>doesn't always go through.>>BilalHi there Bilal, Thanks a million for that. I think I will be convering all my files from now on. Even my Level D ones as some of them are quite taxing on my system.Regards,Alex G

Guest RollsRoyce

No problem, glad I could help.Bilal