Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Six - North America, W

Do I or don't I...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

I'm in front of you, Hawkeyez (for a change) but the last location post is a bit confusing so I'm puzzling things here...(Quite frankly I wish the last flight were invalid -- otherwise we'll *never* pass through Tahoe).

Okay, you got me... this time Guess everyone's waitin' fer a chance to pounce on the baton. :-)Hawkeyez :-kewl

The code for Ciudad Obregon is MMCN, not the one listed. Mike has the baton.Now, I'm going to point out strike condition B... a person gets a strike if he fails to go in a direction generally in the right direction as decided by the flaming community (paraphrased).Since there's really one reasonable way to go when flight legs are time-limited, and since that way is not to the south, I would like to register a flame. :)If others agree, we may have our first strike under category B. :)--Tony

Sorry, It's not that I was doubting btd_jk at all, I was just curious.-------------Michael

sorry the baton is at MMCN, i took the identifier off my GPS and the print on there is real small, in my orginal post i stated i was flying into Ciudad Obregon, its just that the identifier was hard to read, sorry guys i will try to be cleaner about it next time, i will try and post a pic of the route if you really need confirmation, no as far as logical directions, you are surely free to flame, but i thought the direction i was headed provided a lot of potential for the remainder of the trip and with that said i rest my case, lol

I'll agree with you, Tony (and not just for sour grapes for not being able to fly to Tahoe. Really).And with that... no more posts from me since I am about to legitimately fly (but this was not a post from my flight in progress...:>)

This should be good...According to my calculator he's travelled 1766nm. To do what he did in the time limit he'd have to have been travelling 600kts or more... was he flying a jet...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

Agreed...The conversation has been to get us to San Fran and then back across the pond as fast as possible... seems as though this was going the "scenic" route.Now, does this mean that the flight is invalid and starts back at Nellis...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

Agreed, As the great Bugs Bunny once said:"I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque!"But I think that flight still continues from MMCN.-------------Michael

Eh, I think we'll go ahead and award you the strike anyhow. If nothing else, it gives us practice in all the many ways we can earn strikes. :) No worries, though, you've got two more to go, and we're almost home. ... sort of. Hey, Mike and I each got one today too.--Tony

Picking up the BATON at MMCN and on the way again.Aeromachines

I believe KellyM has the baton... see post #28.Judges...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

Just to confirm, Mike (KellyM) does have the baton from MMCN as of 8:40 EDT.Hope this isn't steering (nobody likes a backseat flyer), but I'll take my chances... There is a High Pressure System moving across the Plains right now from KABQ (Albuqurque, NM) to the Great Lakes. Depending on which side of the front you are on, there will be more, or less favorible winds. The wind difference isn't that considerable, but maybe a great oppurtnity to do a little preflight weather planning and a good learning experience.-------------Michael

This kind of thing is exactly what we WILL need in a pro flight. Advanced weather info for planning purposes is a great thing to share.Thanks, Michael.--Tony