Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

Engine O/H starters

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi,yesterday I bought the F and wanted to sample the delights that it has applied to the PAX version too.I spent over an hour prepping a flight from LHR to JFK and then the time came to push.As I was pushing I selected the O/H panel and attempted to pull one of the engines startrelays but, none of them would come out thus no way of starting the engines.Had to close the flight down.Anybody know of this problem and possible fixes?ThanksMark.747400.jpg

Guest dt1951

I have not had this problem. My only suggestion would be to go over your checklist again to ensure you have not missed a step.

Hi MarkWhen I try and do the checks from memory, and I usually make mistakes, for the problem that you have said, the things that can be fogotton is:1. assuming APU is running then you need to have APU bleed on2. on the throttle pedistal you need to have the fuel valve open at the right time for the engine that you are startingso it is good advise to go over the check list again till you find the problem. I am 100% certain that it is not a plane problem but "finger pressing" problem.I found a tutorial here by googling so expect it is public domainhttp://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/and it looks very goodhope this helpsJohn CallejaBAW 352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

The thing is, the switches aren't even moving they are static, I could understand it if they would come out and nothing happens but they dont.I hear the clicking sound but get no movement.Just tried again to no avail??It's only since I loaded th F on!Cheers.Mark.747400.jpg

Mark,In order to start the engines, you have to- either have ext. power/air on (do not forget to check this option in the PMDG menu) or APU running and APU bleed ON- have the engine bleed switches ON- Fuel cutoff switches ON- Autostart ONIf any of these are missing when you attempt to start the engines, all you will hear is a click sound without switch movement.Also check Secondary EICAS display for system status.Cheers,

is there any way of getting a tutorial of an engine start up either in a step by step tutorial on a single page? or in the kneeboard? I find switching between FS and a pdf is a bit annoying

How about printing just the normal procedures check list out of the PMDG manual? :-)Now ducking for cover! :-outta

Guest fullflapsplease

Ok guys, I re-installed and now alls well so????????Mark.747400.jpg

>How about printing just the normal procedures check list out>of the PMDG manual? :-)>>Now ducking for cover! :-outtaever get one of them days...today is my turn :)cheers!

"If any of these are missing when you attempt to start the engines, all you will hear is a click sound without switch movement."Interesting... Looks like the beta/development team missed this :( (or were so busy following correct procedures, the switch operated like it should). On the real bird, only elec power is required to latch the start switches in the out position (and N2's below 50%). No elec power and you get no sound (The switch comes out, but mushes back in again when you let it go)Cheers.Q>