Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

Autothrottle problem.

Guest 744nut

agreed!Ton

Guest fullflapsplease

I also don't understand that why when the upper EICAS tells me to tank to engine and then when I knock off the extremem right and left hand X feed I then get an upper EICAS alert saying X FEED CONFIG when it is the very thing that told me to do it???Cheers.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest 744nut

Did you close the FWD and AFT OVRD? on both sidesTon

Guest fullflapsplease

I think I just do it too fast ;)Mark.

Guest detector

Mark,Regarding the after unpausing thingie: Try to *click VNAV only* and see what happens. Do you get the FMA thrust mode back then?

Guest fullflapsplease

OK, I'll try that next time.Thanks.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

Just closed the fwd & aft as you said, hit the x feed button and still got the warning???Mark.747400.jpg

Guest 744nut

I have noticed this several times also.....just open the x feed valves and it must be over.....and it is not a normal procedure :-haloTon

Guest fullflapsplease

Tonight I spent 5 hours flying to KSFO, it now seems pointless making any flights until this pause issue is sorted out.7 hours down the drain, it seems since the F came along the PAX has gone #### upMark747400.jpg

This sometimes happens if you have uneven fuel quanties in the inboard and outboard tanks.When you switch to the TANK TO ENGINE config, make sure that both inboard tanks are below both outboard tanks.I assume this is what happens on the real aircraft, but I don't have any RW data on this.Optionally, you could switch off only the Override Jettison pumps for the lower tank and allow the higher tank to equalize... Then set your switches to Tank-To-Engine config. Cheers.Q>

Guest Jacob Lee

I am having problems with my autothrottle on the 737. I push the A/T button but it won't even stay armed. I hit it, the light turns green, then it turns off automatically. When it does stay armed for a few seconds and I hit the speed button it goes off. Help? Is it a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon? I hope so because it is getting very difficult to use the throttle automatically when ATC gives me a speed restriction.

Guest D17S

This kind of missfire is also happening when folks are trying to re-load a saved flight. Here's a drill to recover from that (. . from an earlier post). "Forget about Lnav (initially) and just concentrate on regaining control of the airplane. You are dealing with an emergency situation! Get out that non-standard procedures check list. As the flight loads, just keep pounding on that AP button till it hooks up. The AP will finally will probably hook up in Heading and Altitude hold. Now you gotta get the autothrottle back. Verify the AT mode switch is still armed. Quickly press "HOLD" (altitude hold), then "SPD" on the MCP. This will get you into SPD/HDG/ALT. OK, now breath. If you weren

Guest fullflapsplease

Sam, and others, I really do appreciate your input but, at the end of the day this aint getting the baby washed.This is a major fault, it's totally ruining my FS/PMDG experience especially when you've flown for hours and just want to pause a flight so you can go about your bsuiness.I said it was 5 hours I'd done infact it was actually more like 7!! all for nothing.Last night I actually lost all of the axis not just A/T, VNAV and LNAV were none existent and she wouldn't respond to any stick input to get her back on track, it's just getting silly, you know I spend a hour prepping a flight, weather, routes etc etc, and to get up there and for it all to fall apart because I had to pause it is quite simply ridiculous.It's just pointless, unless you're in the envieable position of being able to let your flight go all the way without pausing, I never save a flight and reload it, I only ever pause one and it seems the longer the pause the worse the ramifications are of it when you unpause.So it looks as though my money spent on the F was in vain, and I am going to uninstall her and put the original back on and hope that a patch is released in the meantime, I'm sure it will be, PMDG do seem to have the customer awareness that other devs sadly lack, I just wish they'd comment on this issue as it's clearly not me just suffering with this.Back to the 1-11 for a while I reckon.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

Andrev, it didn't work :(Mark.747400.jpg

Please do hot hijack threads like this,The issue you're having is due to pilot error. You need to set up your aircraft correctly to be able to engage the A/T. Please do a search as this issue has been covered a lot of times.Please do not respond to this post.Hope it helps,