Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

747 Pax feedback

Steve,Yep, our`s definitely lets out a beep when you bring the APU generators online,double checked this morning.I can relate to your last comment! Only done it once,but i remember every single whistle and bell going off including the stick shaker!regardsJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Capt./ Jon b,when you bring apu online, and before running down the engines, do you shut down hydraulics first and/or turn off gen cont switches? or is it just: apu online at stand, then run down engines?thanks,tomx

Isn't it funny how you do something all the time and when it comes to being asked a basis question your not sure. I am doing a short flight tomorrow so I will see what our beasts do.One thing that has always baffeled me is that when we get on the gate, and after the park brake is set, we turn off the HYD demand pumps and then shut down. I have no idea why this can't be done after shutdown...do you? Is it a hang up from earlier days?Tom our airline procedure is to put the APU on line sometime before eng shutdown (you do not need to do anything with the eng generators), stop, park the brake, turn off hyd demand pumps, shut down the engines, then fuel pumps, aft cargo heat, anti col light, seat belt sign, purchase duty free, drive home, consume duty free :)CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

I checked out the issue regarding putting the APU online and dropping off the ENG GENS and all I got was the EICAS msgs no aural. I guess this varies between operators.Steve

Cheers

Steve Hall