Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

In-depth flight planning tutorial - anyone interested?

Hi thereI was considering writing an in-depth flight planning tutorial covering everything almost everything they do in the real world, such as alternates, notams, charts, weather, etops and fuel for specific aircraft (767 and 747) from what I think is a reasonably vast amount of knowledge I have stored in my head, so as others can plan their flights wtih a high level of realism. Links and information would also be provided. It would be applicable to all flight planning programs - although some sections which require special programs, such as FOC 2003 and FSBuild may be specific.I am just trying to gauge interest in such a tutorial? It would also be helpful for one or two professional pilots or people who know their stuff to read over it, and perhaps check that I am not giving any false information, I don't know if anyone is interested in this at all?Also if anyone out there had any additional info on ops, aircraft, procedures, rules etc., maybe specific to their country/carrier...it would be great to have as much info as possible.Just trying to gauge how useful it would be to anyone?CheersRudy

Guest chuckburmester

Yes, I would be interested. I purchased the 1900 and the 737 two weeks ago and have since purchased the rest. Yesterday I purchased FS Build after reading some of the posts here recommending it. Just getting the hang of the FMC and flight plans and am thirsty for knowledge.Chuck Burmester

I think that would be fantastic. I own the LDS 767, and I just purchased the PMDG 747 yesterday, and I really intend on learning as much as I can concerning realistic flight operations. I am probably like many people; I have vague knowledge of a smattering of topics, but I have a difficult time putting it all together in a realistic setting. This tutorial would be outstanding and much appreciated.

Guest Jeffreymg

A tutorial would be great as I own the 747 and 747F and the one promised by PMDG has not been written yet,but sure its in the works. Jeff

Guest Pilot53

I would absolutely love that, fantastic idea.

Rudy, Excellent idea! I'm working on a 744 advanced procedures tutorial at present and was going to include a planning section but I'll put that on hold in the interim and leave it to you to draw something up.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Definitely, Rudy - very interested. I've been seriouly simming for about 4 months and have a PMDG 737. I still feel I've only got one toe in the water, though - there's so much more to learn.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Guest ifcollins

Hi Rudy.A flight planning tutorial would be a great idea, the more realism the better for me. I would certainly be interested. I bought the 747PAX and 747F last week, so I need all the info I can get. I have FSBuild and FSnav. I have only had FSBuild a short while, not really had much chance to use it yet.ATBIan EGBB

rudy,this is a lot of works ...good luck i prefer stay on profiles creationsee youphil

Hi thereThanks for all your repliesI have currently just started - this tutorial will cover ideas and procedures, and items - what it won't do is cover the specfics of how to use a certain program (although it may include tips as such), that way, anyone can benefit from using it. It would be up to the person to be confident with using FsBuild or whatever program they use, although as I said, it wouldn't hurt to include a few tips.Thanks againRudyIs there anything in particular you would like to see, or confuses you? I think I have reasonably good grapple on most things.Mark - I'd look forward to your procedurse manual if you wrote it, it sounds like an interesting piece of writing. I'll let you know/give you some information on how this is going if you like, just in case you feel it is not doing the job you could to do with yours!

Rudy,Send me an email - rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com - I think you might make a perfect guinea pig for something we're working on... ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have sent you an email, Ryan. This sounds interesting!Hi BenThat's pretty close to the kind of thing I plan to work on - I haven't time to read all of it now, but from the bits I have skimmed it looks great!!As a side note, I hope that you do not feel I would be treading on your toes to do another?Thanks again for posting that, I would have been deprived of a good read if you didn't! I must take a look at United Virtual one day - it looks like a good VA.CheersRudy

Ben,Excellent article! Please give me a shout on info(at)vdispatch.ca. I have seomthing I would like to discuss with you-Cheers,