Sign in to follow this  
Guest tse6000

Out of Memory problem, please

Guest tse6000

Someone please help me out. Not sure which is the causes of the out of memory problem. After installed the Cargo and update, since I only fly the PAX version now, I noticed that the memory usage is extensive, and stutter and slugish when taxing and after departure a few minutes I got out of mem. I don't know if because of the Cargo version affected the PAX running slowly or maybe I recently change the resolution from 1024 to 1280. efore the PAX was running fine, not very smooth, but acceptable and playable, no ut of mem happened.my computer is AMD 3200, 1Gb ram, Geforce 6600 256 MB. Do you guys also think its the ram or video card cause the problem too. I alsouse the Active camera, does that also affect the memory usage. thanks a lot.

Guest D17S

Open up Task Manager > Preformance tab and watch the pagefile display (called "PF Usage"). At 1 gig of ram, XP will probably have your page file auto-set to about 1.5 gig. That is some extra space on your harddrive XP uses as additional, 'quick access' storage. Is it maxing out during gameplay? If so, you can wander back in there and increase it.Watch "Physical Memory (K)" too. That's your ram. With a gig, it should never get above ~ 800meg If it is, that's beyond me. Something in XP is just not doing its job.Do you have 10-20 gig of room left on your HD? If not, make room. XP hates to be crowded.