Sign in to follow this  
Guest alphasim

Just got TrackIR 4

Guest alphasim

What can I say, apart from WOW!!!. Makes flying totally 'as real as it gets'. I have being flying(sims) for over 20 years and this has to be the best investment that I have ever made. The 'Queen' comes to life.All I can say is go get one.CLive

I got one of those three months ago and I couldn't agree more. It has made me a Virtual Cockpit pilot exclusively. It is just so easy to interact with the cockpit environment. It makes you feel like you are actully in the there. The only problem is that there aren't a whole lot of good sims that have fully functional VCs. The 747 is one of the best I've used.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

i agree!flying in the 737 NG this adds that sixth sense!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest keringordon

Does it take many system resources? Is it easy to setup?

no doesnt take many resources, just need a spare usb port and just follow the instructions on the installation CD, very easyi does add another dimension to FS, its great!!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I totally agree with your apraisal of 'TrackIR4'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest ifcollins

Hi All.Clive, I have done what you said and got one, well, I ordered TrackIR 4 this morning, should be here tomorrow. I've had a look at the demo videos and it looks really good. I too have been flying sims for the last 20 or so years, since the day's of the old Sub-Logic FlightSims, back in the 80's, with vector graphics. So, I shall be eagaly waiting for the Parcel Force van tomorrow.ATBIan (EGBB)

Guest chuckburmester

I ordered one yesterday also, and will be delivered tomarrow. Chuck BurmesterOmaha, NE USA

I'm intruiged by the TrackIR... but I have a couple questions.Do you guys use any sort of goggles (i.e. a head mounted display) along with this?Without that, doesn't it feel a little unnatural to move your head from side to side and up to down, yet keep your eyes fixed on the monitor??Thanks,- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Clansman

Hi,>Do you guys use any sort of goggles (i.e. a head mounted>display) along with this?From what I have read on the official TrackIR website, there is no need for anything else other than the tracker, which I believe is mounted on top of the monitor (or somewhere near).>Without that, doesn't it feel a little unnatural to move your>head from side to side and up to down, yet keep your eyes>fixed on the monitor??I had a similar question in mind. Can anyone share their oppinions? It is useful *even* with only one monitor?Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest The_Glideslope

I have Track IR 3 for some time nowThe head movements are not linear. They require some practice, specially the rotation.A small example. For those with a 21" screen when you look directly (facing) to the screen limit (left or right), you are already looking back inside FS. Otherwise you would loose the screen to look back. Well, sort of. Same thing goes with the other axis.Just one thought, With standard Track IR you get only two axis UP/DOWN and LEFT/RIGHT you need the Vector Expansion to have FORWARD/BACKWARD and ROLL LEFT/ROLL RIGHT. Usually that comes with a nice cap. At least TRACK IR 3 was like this.

Guest ifcollins

Hi.According to the website TrackIR 4 pro has 6DOF. This is what their website says:-'6 Degrees of Freedom :: There are only 6 ways you can move around in 3D space. There are 3 ways to lean, and 3 ways to rotate. The technical term for all of these movements is "6 Degrees of Freedom" (or "6DOF"). True 6DOF support is one of the main things that puts TrackIR well ahead of any other input device.'This 6DOF where, as well as your standard two axis, you can also go forward/backward & roll left/right is what attracted me to TrackIR4 Pro. But it doesn't look like you get a hat with TrackIR 4, so I went out and got my own ready for tomorrow. :-) ATBIan (EGBB)

>I'm intruiged by the TrackIR... but I have a couple>questions.>>Without that, doesn't it feel a little unnatural to move your>head from side to side and up to down, yet keep your eyes>fixed on the monitor??>>Thanks,>>- BillHi Bill,No problems mate, the movements of your head are amplified by the virtual heads e.g. when you move your head to the 45 degrees to the right, your virtual head is looking to the far right.Likewise if you move your head 90 degrees to the right, your virtual heads are looking at the rear seats and out of the back windows.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Clansman

>im just picturing trying to calibrate this thing! lol sore>necks! :)I think it's just a question of setting it up with sensible values and then get used to it.Cheers,Pedro Venda.