Sign in to follow this  
Guest alphasim

Just got TrackIR 4

Definitely, I use the standard configuration for MSFS2k4 that comes with the install and it works like a charm. Only thing I need to think about is the background lighting.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest svedman

>From what I have read on the official TrackIR website, there>is no need for anything else other than the tracker, which I>believe is mounted on top of the monitor (or somewhere near).This isn't entirely true, you do need a cap or headphones to attach the reflective material to, which the tracker, well, tracks the movement of.Basically any cap or headphones can be used for this, though.

Guest Clansman

>>From what I have read on the official TrackIR website,>there>>is no need for anything else other than the tracker, which I>>believe is mounted on top of the monitor (or somewhere>near).>>This isn't entirely true, you do need a cap or headphones to>attach the reflective material to, which the tracker, well,>tracks the movement of.>>Basically any cap or headphones can be used for this, though.oops, thanks for that. :-)Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest JTH

How does it work with regards to using the overhead on the 744 in the Virtual Cockpit? I find in the normal VC (without TrackIR that is) that it's very hard to get at the buttons on the far left of the overhead. Does TrackIR make this easier?Thanks.

wonderful, just move your head towards the middle of the flight deck (as you would do if you was there) and then look up and there it is in front of you.Move closer (something you can't do with the 'hat' switch) pause the trackir if you want and operate the required switch.Oh mate, this is one piece of awesome hardware................Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png