Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martijn4u

No flap, APU or gear sounds B744

Guest Martijn4u

Hello,I recently got my PMDG B747-400 pax, its GREAT!I did notice however that when I change my flaps, I do hear the click, but I don't actually hear the flaps go up or down (I do see the indicator work and the flaps actually do move). Same thing with my gear, no sounds.When I put the APU on there is no sound either :(All other sounds (engines, alarms, etc) seem to work just fine.I did check the wav files in the sound directory and they work all good.Please help?Thanks alotMartijn

Guest Hawkeyeted

Martin,You won't here the flaps or APU from the cockpit of a 747-400.

Hardly the gears either as you have one floor between the flight deck and the wheel well.Hope it helps,

Guest AJ

>Hardly the gears either as you have one floor between the>flight deck and the wheel well.>>Hope it helps,Actually, its more like 2 floors if since there is the cargo bay as well.

Guest Martijn4u

ah so its not me :)All make sense now,Thanks alot folks!~Martijn

"Actually, its more like 2 floors if since there is the cargo bay as well."Actually... the wheel well is on the same level as the cargo. Anyone who has flown First Class will tell you that you will hear the gear retracting/extending. The tyres rubbing against the braking pads during retraction can be quite noisy (and alarming... if you don't know what it is). The top of the wheel well is very close to the floor of 1st Class.The APU sound is debateable. In the real world, if you are shutting down an APU with no elec power to the main busses, you will hear it in the cockpit if you _listen very carefully_: There is a particular rpm which seems to resonate through the aircraft making the easier to hear. This lasts only for a few seconds however (IMHO, not worth the effort of modelling). At other times, the spoolup/spooldown sounds are basically hidden by Pack/Equipment Cooling sounds.Cheers.Q>

I hear the gear coming up all the time. Granted, it's not very loud, but I definately hear it.